USATT Rating Stats Page: what happened to it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
For me this page works.

Really? what browser are you on? on your mobile or PC?

EDIT: It doesn't seem to work for me on anything (firefox, microsoft edge, chrome)

All I get is this no matter what I do. What do you see?
sc.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
OP is not asking about ability to search for individual ratings - this stuff works. The link he has in the original post is supposed to take you to a summary of USATT ratings (but gets you mostly blank page now): overall distribution of ratings, histograms and such. It used to be there at some point, but I guess got left behind with transition to SimplyCompete or something.

Reactions: songdavid98
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OP is not asking about ability to search for individual ratings - this stuff works. The link he has in the original post is supposed to take you to a summary of USATT ratings (but gets you mostly blank page now): overall distribution of ratings, histograms and such. It used to be there at some point, but I guess got left behind with transition to SimplyCompete or something.

Oh. I thought I must be missing something. Thanks pgpg.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The ttspin portion of the ratings site used to be a GREAT tool, but it worked only under the legacy system USATT used for years.

The newer system USATT uses for ratings is not working so well with ttspin and it was announced a couple years ago ttspin would not carry forward with ratings comparisons after a certain date for the time being.

EDIT: I think for a while, the ttspin site worked, but had only "OLD" data before a certain date.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think the programmer made a post about this on MyTT. Either way, the new ratings database system doesn't work with ttspin, nor does the vendor make their ratings database to do the same things ttspin did.

A shame and a poor acquisition contract execution on USATT. Part of the contract should have included clauses of certain performance parameters and abilities. This should have been clearly defined in the contract. Looks like it wasn't.

If anyone watched what went on (or failed to go on) with ratings you would know. It was a big debacle week by week. Forumers on MyTT were providing input and error quality control that should have been done prior to contract selection.

if anyone remembers, there was very little clear definition by USATT to the contractor of what the end result should be, exactly what the system should be, and little to no performance milestones. USATT CEO would tell the contractor nightly what to fix after forumers discovered the dysfunctional things. USATT also seemed to ask the vendor to add functionality that did not seemed to be agreed upon at contract signing. This is poor contract practice, it makes government contracting look good.

However, we are over most of that now, but we got what we got... and unfortunately, the great ttspin is not gunna be now or it seems later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The USATT felt that moving the site into a more modern age was more important than making sure that what was good in the old site was not lost. I didn't agree, but it is moot now. Since the people on the USATT are working very hard to improve the sport's profile in the US, I have generally given them the benefit of the doubt even when I disagree with them.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
When was the last time you were able to access the page?

I think before the new system came along, I was able to see histograms of how spread out the ratings were and see where the median rating was and such. After the new system, the page still worked for a short amount of time, before it was completely gone. I don't remember exactly when, but I'll guess/estimate maybe 1-2 years ago?

EDIT: it seems that the iframe's source doesn't work http://papayanopoulos.com/cgi-bin/ttspin?rm=Home

strangely, it doesn't say that the page doesn't exist, but it instead says that the connection timed out

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I think before the new system came along, I was able to see histograms of how spread out the ratings were and see where the median rating was and such. After the new system, the page still worked for a short amount of time, before it was completely gone. I don't remember exactly when, but I'll guess/estimate maybe 1-2 years ago?

EDIT: it seems that the iframe's source doesn't work http://papayanopoulos.com/cgi-bin/ttspin?rm=Home

strangely, it doesn't say that the page doesn't exist, but it instead says that the connection timed out

View attachment 15671

Yea as I said above the problem seems to be with the source so not much can be done to fix it