Players of London!

This user has no status.
Hey there,

I will be in London from 07.03- 11.03, is there anybody I could play with or anybody that could introduce me to their club for a practise session?

I will be missing practise back home so I would tremendously appreaciate it if I could play some :)

I also applied for a session with the tabletennis fightclub (yes i know) for the heck of it :D

Does anybody have any experience with them? If yes, please elaborate.

Peace!

Reactions: Shifu
What's your level? Depending on your skill, you might need different clubs.

1 Tabletennis Fightclub

Their members session are really good, you can find good player there. (normally Sunday afternoon) But you need a member's invitation at least.
Their open session where everyone can join, is amateur level. It is more of general practicing FH & BH drive/top spin, push, serve etc. Sometimes there are some entry level players just started to learn table tennis. So if you are good level player, you might feel bored.
I am division 2 player in London central league, and I can win some of their coaches in their open session.
But most of their members/coaches (more than half) are division 1 players. So their members' session are really good.

2 fusionttc / fusionttc.co.uk

If you are good skill player (good amateur or semi pro), this club is a must go. You can find session time on their website. It is almost open everyday. Around 12-16 tables there I can't remember exactly. Players' level are generally good. Lot of div 1-2 players. And it is open to anyone, just show up during session time.
If you are more of normal or low-level amateur player, you may find it a bit uncomfortable, as people tend to play against similar level player. (then the above open session will suit you best)

3 Moberly. http://moberlyttc.com

This is a really good club. Open mainly Thus, Fri,and Sat. The Fri and Sat session are really good (Charing Cross Sports Club). You can find various level of players there and really good.
There are a few div 1 level players, as well as a mix of div 2-4 or entry level players. Generally speaking, you can find a suitable opponents whatever your levels are. It is open to anyone, just show up. People there are friendly, and you can easily find an opponent. (unless you are semi-pro or pro player)

4 Morpeth TTC http://www.morpethttc.co.uk/

My friend told me that Morpeth is good club with good skill players. But I haven't been there, too far from where I live. If the time and location suit you, you can have a try.

5 Highbury http://www.highburyttclub.co.uk/
Again, this is another high level club in central london. Again, I haven't been their. It all depends on your time and location.

6 Barnet table tennis center (https://bttc.co.uk/)
as vvk1 mentioned, been there a few times. On weekdays you need to find someone to come with you as there aren't many players. Weekend sessions are fine. Sometimes there are pro level players but they train with each other. Other than those you can find a mix of different level players. (i will say from div 2-5 level)
And you need a car to get there.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
What's your level? Depending on your skill, you might need different clubs.
6 Barnet table tennis center (https://bttc.co.uk/)
as vvk1 mentioned, been there a few times. On weekdays you need to find someone to come with you as there aren't many players. Weekend sessions are fine. Sometimes there are pro level players but they train with each other. Other than those you can find a mix of different level players. (i will say from div 2-5 level)
And you need a car to get there.

Hope that helps.

It is not that there aren't many players Mon-Thu at BTTC - these are league nights so half the tables (3-4) are used for league matches. Better to turn up on Friday or Saturday evening. Friday is "members night" and the club is usually full with players of all abilities and it is pretty easy to find someone to play with. Saturday is usually less busy so it is better to come with a partner to practice.

It is not that there aren't many players Mon-Thu at BTTC - these are league nights so half the tables (3-4) are used for league matches. Better to turn up on Friday or Saturday evening. Friday is "members night" and the club is usually full with players of all abilities and it is pretty easy to find someone to play with. Saturday is usually less busy so it is better to come with a partner to practice.

I see~ because the first time I went there was on a weekday. The guy at the bar told me that I'd better come with a companion... I came on Friday and Saturday later on.

Thanks Zhang the level of the pair in front seems slightly above mine, but i guess i can still put up a decent fight. Ill try to check some clubs out.

Then I think you will have a good time here. Pity that you are not free on Friday, I can introduce you to Fusion or Moberly but I am only free Friday.

I would really like that but the Open Session with the Ttfightclub is on that evening.

I would say don't go..
If your level is slightly lower than those two above. (11:7 or 11:8 level?) The open session will be too low for you.

Come to Moberly, you might spent another £9 for the session if you can't get the refund from ttfightclub. But you will have a much better night from 6pm to 10pm. I will be there.