Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2018?

• Fan Zhendong

Votes: 51 67.1%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Simon Gauzy

• Tomokazu Harimoto

• Marcos Freitas

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Just the opposite, to make a breakthrough, one has to really improve FH. CNT has a saying, BH helps establish advantage and FH helps get points. Of course, one cannot be too weak at BH, like traditional penholder has to develop RPB. European players, or say European style, are good at BH. LGL and other CNT coaches all think Dima has one of the best BH, if not the best. If you study FZD's game, especially against European players, one recent example Liam Pitchford, he's better off to use FH or attack the opponent's FH in the rallies.

Exactly ... ML because of his weaker bh at that time, could not "establish an advantage" over WH.

FZD and LP I did not study, but FZD has the most powerful bh close to the table in today's tt. This certainly helps him to establish an advantage ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Exactly ... ML because of his weaker bh at that time, could not "establish an advantage" over WH.

FZD and LP I did not study, but FZD has the most powerful bh close to the table in today's tt. This certainly helps him to establish an advantage ...

The thing is that ML did not have a hard time facing Dima, ZJK and FZD who all have strong BH, maybe stronger than WH. For CNT player vs CNT player, first three balls are more crucial. ML did not receive WH's services as well as other's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hmmm. LGY was the one of top performer during the Chinese superleague, or do you mean he didn't play well against foreign players ?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Don't forget, Lin Gao Yuan is # 3 in China, with a record of 22 wins, 5 losses this past season. Saying China can never rely on him is stretching it way beyond reality. China is just starting to use him while players like Zhang Jike are in (or hopefully only have been) in decline.

( Ma Long is #1 at 24w, 5 l; Fan Zhendong is #2 at 23 w, 6 l; Liang JingKun is #4 at 19w, 8 l; Fang Bo is #5 at 19w, 9l)

I meant international games . It seems playing international is different especially mentally in comparison with super league . I just say how a top ( overrated indeed ) chinese player like LGY can lose 4 to 0 ????!!!!!!! I donttttttt say Hugo was an easy rival ....... no not at all . Actually he is super fit in Qatar Open and if he tries his best and have a good plan for FZD maybe he cab be the winner . What i say is about many chances the coaching team has given to LGY and still his result isnt that satisfying . From losing to an unprepared and injured Zhang Jike in 2017 Asian games , to his match point missing vs Timo and Xu xin and now this one ... so considering him a top chinese player is not fair . Maybe he is in the way of being a top plsyer ( with these many chances which was given to him , this goal is not out of reach ) . I'm sure if he was in ma long and zhang jike's time with the same age he couldnt have any chance to be in the place he is . But again with these losing experiment he will be a good player ......:D

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The cutie misinterpreting interpreter is back!!
8QS8oe0h.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I meant international games . It seems playing international is different especially mentally in comparison with super league ...
Lin Gao Yuan is #3 in China and #4 in the ITTF world ranking. Please be careful about exaggerating differences at the top levels between Chinese and non-Chinese players when most of it is due to the foolishly segregated systems in place (probably due more to economic protectionism and lack of translators than skill levels and styles). I think it's wonderful that Hugo is breaking through to the top level of the China players, along with Timo, Dima, and many others. Next we need to get the top 100 China players active and properly ranked in the ITTF system.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Lin Gao Yuan is #3 in China and #4 in the ITTF world ranking. Please be careful about exaggerating differences at the top levels between Chinese and non-Chinese players when most of it is due to the foolishly segregated systems in place (probably due more to economic protectionism and lack of translators than skill levels and styles). I think it's wonderful that Hugo is breaking through to the top level of the China players, along with Timo, Dima, and many others. Next we need to get the top 100 China players active and properly ranked in the ITTF system.

Where ever he is in ranking , he doesnt show it . ..... its due to weird ranking system this year maybe . yes hugo is improving day by day . I hope we'll see this in every tournament not just qatar open .

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro