Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2018?

• Fan Zhendong

Votes: 51 67.1%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Simon Gauzy

• Tomokazu Harimoto

• Marcos Freitas

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Someone would have thought he lost from way you described him, Mizutani is a trick and touch player so he is always calm when his tricks are not working consistently against a lower rated power player though he expects to win regardless.
I am quite familiar with his trick cause he is one of my favourites player. But if you look how much focused he is when play top chinese and when facing lower ranked players in early rounds it is very different. I am thinking what is goal now, he did not attend to team world cup and know it is his first tournament this year. So maybe he was told he is not going to play tokio olympics 2020 and he is thinking about finishing his carrer? I see him attending a lot of financing things know like playing euro superleague for russian team (they pay a lot) and also T2 - gathering more money before ending career? Hope I am wrong.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Nice TO at 3:6 by Ito/Hirano in the 2nd game. Stopped the bleed, and disrupted the flow of CXT/SYS. The JNT coaches are now much more aggressive in calling TO. Not a good sign for CNT.

Hirano played so freaking well in the 3rd game. Didn't miss any forehand at all. There were quite a few winners, too.

From 3:1 up to 4:8 down in the 5th game, closed it to 8:9, 8:10, and Ito served into the net!!

Hirano played really well. The forehand was so consistent. Ito has gotta figure out a better way to handle her blocks. That stroke gave away so many points.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I have seen something reallystrange. Check out what happened after the score 9:9 in the 5th game betweenOshima and Gnanasekaran. The ball went after barriers and s
omebody throw it on the tableand the boll just bounced only up. Must see it again when it will be downloaded.

Great backspin throw? :)

P.S. Did not watch it, purely guessing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Just watched N. Alamiyan v LGY. Is it just me, or N.A. has a very interesting way of using sidespin to create space and variation during rallies?

He is famous for his side spin in our country and he's got one of best serves in world . he is a lefty but is good in changing hands

Reactions: OhWell
This user has no status.
Looks like FZD got a new serve, at least I didn't see it from him before.

Did you mean FZD's hook serve? This is a typical serving style of Wang Hao, who is FZD's personal coach now. FZD started to practice this serve from German Open last year, when playing against relatively week players. I think this is a good sign for him for he is adding more variation to his "boring" style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I had to go to university today and I couldn't keep up with the rest of the rounds. So now I went to check how the matches of tomorrow were and I'd like to say that tomorrow is a difficult day for CNT, at least for women. Too many encounters too soon, but I thinkthis is the cost of having so many high quality athletes in the same competition.

This user has no status.
Well personally I don't think Chinese women will have a difficult day. Chinese women's team is much more dominant than Chinese men's team in the world. On the men's side, competition is more fierce and upsets are more likely to happen. Chinese men's team will face more trouble than women's team, whenever and whereveer.
I had to go to university today and I couldn't keep up with the rest of the rounds. So now I went to check how the matches of tomorrow were and I'd like to say that tomorrow is a difficult day for CNT, at least for women. Too many encounters too soon, but I thinkthis is the cost of having so many high quality athletes in the same competition.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Well personally I don't think Chinese women will have a difficult day. Chinese women's team is much more dominant than Chinese men's team in the world. On the men's side, competition is more fierce and upsets are more likely to happen. Chinese men's team will face more trouble than women's team, whenever and whereveer.

Ohh, I think I expressed myself a little bit wrong. I think will be hard because they will lose 2 great players too soon, Either CM-DN or LSW-CX and I'd like to see them all in semis

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I got your point. You mean imdividual CNT female player must go through a hard match against her teammate to enter into the next round, while my point is CNT as a whole has little difficuty winning over non-CNT players.
My appology for not reading your post carefully.
Ohh, I think I expressed myself a little bit wrong. I think will be hard because they will lose 2 great players too soon, Either CM-DN or LSW-CX and I'd like to see them all in semis

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I got your point. You mean imdividual CNT female player must go through a hard match against her teammate to enter into the next round, while my point is CNT as a whole has little difficuty winning over non-CNT players.
Not at all, I realized I was very ambiguous in my post, I apologize for that. And I very much agree with you. I think no team is a match for CNT, at least not now and not so soon. About the men, I'm not used to watch them, so I can't say much, but for what I saw guess they're in same position, right?

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

Chen Ke is not the strongest of CNT player but she lost 0-4 to Hirano :p