Any opinions about andro rasanter series?(especialy durability and less effort play)

says thank you for your response.it was very helpful.i really...
Mar 2018
hi everybody
the title says everything.what do you think about rasanters durability?
and the second question is,which rubber of the rasanter series needs less effort especialy when executing topspins against heavy backspin?which one is recommented for an over-aged veteran player?
ty in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Durability is OK, average for modern ESN rubbers. The topsheet lasts well and there isn't the obvious booster drop-off you get with, say, MX-P. It's more of a steady decline. This season I mostly used R47/V42 and I replaced them around halfway through, so that's about 15 weeks of use, 6 hours a week average, 90 hours.

Topspin against backspin depends a lot on your technique and what you're used to in terms of sponge hardness. R47 is the most popular and a safe start, although it has a pretty hard overall feel and isn't massively catapulty. I find it excels in drives, counter topspins, blocks, hits but it doesn't give the arc and sling that other ESN rubbers have which might help specifically with lifting backspin (although it isn't bad by any means).

By way of a quick comparison, I've switched R47 to Omega 7 Pro in the last few weeks and I find the Omega noticeably better when attacking backspin but the tradeoff is a slight lack of stability when playing direct shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
i used to play with chinese hard rubbers so my technique is more full swing then a lazy style

Me too, and I really liked R47 because of that I think. You might find that the arc feels low on brushy shots initially if you have a tacky rubber history, but that's true when moving from tacky to grippy in general. The key thing for me was avoiding very non-linear, high catapult rubbers and R47 did that very well.

Mar 2018
Me too, and I really liked R47 because of that I think. You might find that the arc feels low on brushy shots initially if you have a tacky rubber history, but that's true when moving from tacky to grippy in general. The key thing for me was avoiding very non-linear, high catapult rubbers and R47 did that very well.
so which is your final recommmentation?xiom omega pro 7 or rasanter R47

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
so which is your final recommmentation?xiom omega pro 7 or rasanter R47

It's tough to give a definite without knowing more about how you play. If you want higher arc, slightly softer overall feel, easier openers against backspin then Omega 7 Pro is great. If you want a harder feel, more linear behavior, easier counter/driving play then R47.

If you're a brush looper then I would lean towards R47 of the two, but I'd recommend trying it out if possible before buying. You never know how people are going to feel about a change like this until they're at the table.

This user has no status.
The R42 is also quite direct in terms of trajectory. Even if it's softer than R47.
So I think all Rasanter have middle-low to low throw angle (hard rubber feeling). I found the R42 really great for counter. Quite good for opening incoming backspin also.

But I prefer The Aurus Select, I feels it's more easy to open. But it has a much more soft feeling and high throw angle.

But as @andysmith already said, it depends a lot on your technique (and also the blade can help in that).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's tough to give a definite without knowing more about how you play. If you want higher arc, slightly softer overall feel, easier openers against backspin then Omega 7 Pro is great. If you want a harder feel, more linear behavior, easier counter/driving play then R47.

If you're a brush looper then I would lean towards R47 of the two, but I'd recommend trying it out if possible before buying. You never know how people are going to feel about a change like this until they're at the table.

V42 for OVA? How does that happen?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If youre used to tacky hard rubbers and want to switch to an easier to play rubber i would definitely not recommend you switch to a hard non tacky one.
Youll lose control.

I recommend a softer, thin topsheet rubber. The way it grabs the ball will feel familiar and youll get control and noticable speed.

The benefit of hard rubbers is if you hit not with broad brushing etc but rather if you hit with power. If you feel you cannot bend low, rotate your whole trunk and hit with speed and power like you used to them theres no point using a hard rubber.

A soft one will also weigh a lot less which is very beneficial in this case for added nimbleness and spin generation

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hmmm - so your TTD profile is all confused?

All TTD profiles are confused if you ask me. I've got V42 as my BH rubber and it gets displayed as black. As if BH rubbers are black! It isn't the 80s! ;););)

If youre used to tacky hard rubbers and want to switch to an easier to play rubber i would definitely not recommend you switch to a hard non tacky one.
Youll lose control.

I recommend a softer, thin topsheet rubber. The way it grabs the ball will feel familiar and youll get control and noticable speed.

The benefit of hard rubbers is if you hit not with broad brushing etc but rather if you hit with power. If you feel you cannot bend low, rotate your whole trunk and hit with speed and power like you used to them theres no point using a hard rubber.

A soft one will also weigh a lot less which is very beneficial in this case for added nimbleness and spin generation

I don't agree with most of this, although it depends on what people are looking for when they switch. Personally, when I made this change, I went for OVA because it had a rock-hard sponge (for linearity) and a soft topsheet (for the instant grab you mention), and performs incredibly well when brush looping. Something like R47 still isn't too big a shift because it's still very linear, although the hard topsheet does result in some short game adjustments due to the lack of tack.

Sure, I wouldn't perhaps recommend a highly catapulty hard eurojap like MX-P. But going for a soft sponge when making this transition isn't what I would do. But it depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Given he said he wants a rubber that's easy for topspinning backspin without much effort, and that he's getting on in years, I can't think of anything more appropriate than a soft sponge, thin topsheet rubber.
Linearity is definitely a core attribute of a hard rubber, but not, I think, what you want when seeking to easily lift backspin and generate spin and speed with less physical capability.

Something like the Palio AK47 Blue (which I like so much). That'd fit the bill exactly. It's the rubber I have on backhand exactly for the purpose of easily topspinning backspin balls without much strength given my backhand is much weaker than my forehand.

And if it doesn't, it's only like $11 with free shipping from aliexpress. It's got sandpaper topsheet too. Combined with the soft sponge it grabs the ball like crazy and it's probably the lightest rubber that's not reduced sponge/spongeless.
I highly recommend to try that one :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Andy,
what is your comparison between omega vii pro vs andro rasanter r47/r42/ after time?

I play with donic crest ar+. I know, that you had played with it also. How did you like rasanter on crest ar /which hardness do you recommend/?
Thank you andy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Andy,
what is your comparison between omega vii pro vs andro rasanter r47/r42/ after time?

I play with donic crest ar+. I know, that you had played with it also. How did you like rasanter on crest ar /which hardness do you recommend/?
Thank you andy

I can't be 100% sure (too many setup changes and I'm getting older by the day), but I don't think I ever used Rasanter on the Crest, so it's hard to say. The Crest is pretty soft though, so I personally wouldn't go softer than the 47 degree sponges on it. It would be a fairly fast setup I guess.

Omega 7 Pro has a different topsheet. It isn't as linear or predictable as R47, but it has a real sense of grabbing at the ball at low impacts. Easier to get the initial bite on the ball. I felt that O7P had an odd behavior on hard impacts where it would strangely flatten out and fire the ball fast and long, and I couldn't quite get used to it. Whereas R47 stays very easy to judge, while being more inert in general. I really like Omega 7 Asia because it seems to sort that particular issue out when I use it, but it remains faster than R47 and I can never fully commit to that change because I just don't need the extra speed.