Your best tips on table tennis equipment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Rubbers that came out recently are not necessarily better than the rubbers that came out earlier. I think we've hit the ceiling with rubber development.

And play all wood if you have enough power with it, only switch if it's not fast enough

No way that we've hit a ceiling, the way materials and technologies in general keep evolving.
But yeah, the only reason one should keep investing in whatever comes out is to satisfy one's curiosity. Sort of a hobby on its own, if you like. If performance is the aim, stick to what's tried and trusted, "good enough" and put in the hours.

Of course trying new stuff is fun and a middle ground is possible, but that most likely also means a drop in consistency, to some extent. Whether that sets you up for further improvement depends on your approach.
Carefully identifying some aspect that hinders your play (and considering in earnest to which extent your technique may be the issue), finding a decent solution (be it rubber thickness, different blade, etc. - ideally one at a time and using expert advice), then sticking with the replacement for at least a reasonable amount of time - fine. Anything else, you're EJ-ing. Not that I'm saying it's wrong, as long as you're clear and honest in your mind about it!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better.

Some of the biggest priced rubbers I've tried have been the most disappointing. I'm not suggesting all expensive rubbers are overrated. Don't get me wrong. But don't believe that the $50 rubber is automatically better than the one at 1/2 the price. Just depends on what type of rubber you like for your style.

I kinda chucked at one of the person's tips earlier on don't believe the hype. :) I suppose I can relate. I recently tried boosting some more firm Chinese tacky Rubbers. I had just spent about a month on them un-tuned. Then I tuned them with faclo. Decent doming going on. Could I tell the difference? Meh. Not really. If it made a difference at all, it was less than 5% for me. Your mileage may vary but for me I find tuning kinda a waste of time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
1. Dont listen revspin.net- different levels and a lot bad information
2. Everytime when you want change something- make a video- we can help you with equipment
3. Dont buy discount off++ blades
4. If you like something = dont change it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Do not skimp on the blade. If you get a good blade the blade will potentially last decades.
Rubbers wear out and need changing.

Ditto the try before you buy if you can unless you have lots of money and time.
Having a paddle that feels right is half the battle.
Except at the extremes, there is no force one paddle can generate that another can't. Ditto, ignore the hype.
Don't get a paddle that is too fast if you are a beginner. If you are a beginner you will probably be playing close to the table. You don't need a fast paddle when playing close to the table and especially if you are playing people of equal skill level.
The equipment will not make you play better.