TTD Member plays Ding Ning!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
TableTennisDaily member Sarahherlee got through the group stage at the Swedish Open 2011 this year to face World Champion Ding Ning! Be sure to check out Sarahs amazing website HERE.

Opportunity of a life time!

Sarah having been defeated 4-0 in both of her group stage matches and proceeding to also be toppled in the pre-round singles 4-1, it was a stroke of luck for Sarah Her-Lee and a fantastic opportunity, to find herself in the main draw at the ITTF Pro Tour Swedish Open Championships 2011. Having been undergoing training and league competition in Germany since midway through this year, Sarah has been busy developing as a player with the aim of returning to make the 2014 Commonwealth Games Team.

DSC04447.JPG

Any questions you would like to ask Sarah about the match, leave your comments below!

Congratulations Sarah on this amazing experience and good luck with the rest of your career! You will go places! :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
First of all, congratulations!!! For all it's worth, Ding Ning had some trouble reading your BH topspin serve. Nice one. It was indeed a huge match, and I know every time we go into these kind of match (being the clear underdog), we must be able to think positively and assure ourselves that we have the game to win it. Well, at least I do hehehe.
Anyway, just wondering, when you found out that you'll be facing Ding Ning, what's the strategy that you wanted to implement in that match? Did you managed to study her previous games to find her weaknesses? (If any):)

All the best for your quest to be in the NZ national team for 2014 Commonwealth Games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Thanks for all the comments :) Everyone point was so difficult for me! :p And to azlan: actually I have watched her on youtube many times... I enjoy watching top players, especially the Chinese women and regarding the strategy, normally I have some kind of strategy - for left handers, and some strategy for receiving serve and serving, but then it is totally different when you are on the court compared to what you see on youtube/tv. For example, you can watch how she serve on youtube over and over, but then when you are standing on the other side of the table, its so different... ;) So I just tried to do my best and enjoy it :)

Mar 2011
For example, you can watch how she serve on youtube over and over, but then when you are standing on the other side of the table, its so different...

Actually Sarah what you said here is true. The big moment seem to take over and sometimes we forget about our strategies.;) It's a lot harder than we thought it would be, especially against really good players. The amount of spin and power and disguise was beyond what we expected. But I believe it was still a huge experience for you.. Playing some one like Ding Ning in a big tournament is a lot different than playing her for fun. The pressure was unbelievable I guess. All you can do is to play the best of your ability and give yourself a good account. I would..hehehe.

So what is your next plan??...

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Its Dan playing with Ma, Sarah playing with Ding Ning, wait for my vid playing with Joo or Schlager lol :p

Classy match there :)
What a feeling playing against a world champ. Woo !

Haha just make sure you catch it on film :))

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Well count me out as SHL fan, at WTTC 2011 I clapped my hands and supported SHL.
I also was on photo with her and talked short.
Sometime ago I asked SHL here on TTD with a pm how she is and
I heard nothing back, I really dont like sutch things. Count me out as a SHL fan!

This user has no status.
Well count me out as SHL fan, at WTTC 2011 I clapped my hands and supported SHL.
I heard nothing back, I really dont like sutch things. Count me out as a SHL fan!

Maybe she has other things to do... like train ;)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Don't think Ma makes comparison with Ding Ning anymore :p hahaha. That could be the next challenge once I get to Europe Dan :p the next feature video who can have a hit with the highest ranked player

Hehe its similar. Both are legends! :p... Mine was in a training hall tho Matt hehe. However to take on one of these players in a match environment is just amazing.

Congrats Sarah!

Haha love the idea Matt! Game on :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
why are you jumping into conclusions that she wasn't going to reply you?? so everyone one you message has to reply you straight away? and where is your photo with her anyway?? its not nice to say something like that on a forum about her match, it makes you sound really childish~

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well that was pretty bad demolition job from Ding Ning!
Some nice moments from Sarah, but it was clear who had the tempo in hands..
I think I wouldnt be able to do any better .. im sure :D

Well I think if I get in a match with player like that.. and some times I do.. I just forget about points, about win or lose..
I only try to play and enjoy the game as much as possible!
This way I always get one game on the board.. I think they kinda let me win.. or at least they dont really care about one game..
But at least I dont feel so bad :D
And I am happy I can play one game longer..

This match I have seen is pretty cool.. I mean - when Ding Ning put her weird serve in at the end of the game 3, I was really looking for Sarah to reply..
And the ball flew out like crazy.. I smiled.. I think even Sarah should smile there at that moment.. That serve is just so crazy :D

Hahaa..

Anyways - Sarah - the important thing is that you achieved even a meeting a star like Ding Ning.. Looks like you are on a good way! Good luck !!!

And dont listen to people like Wilco.. better reply to them :D