Cutting the rubber

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I prefer to use the blade in a Stanley knife , keep pressure on a cut in one movement

Same here - Stanley knife, new blade, dip it in a little cooking oil before cutting. Turn the blade around before cutting the second rubber. I put a glass chopping board under the rubber before cutting, having found that a wooden chopping board blunts the knife blade much more quickly.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I use .50 USD children's scissors. Just keep cutting nearest where blades join... you get the best leverage.

Oh it's really simple, I just use the laser cutting machine placed inside a vacuum box. First, of course you need to do the 3d scan of the blade and uploads it. Tesla/SpaceX AI optimizes the cut and you are all set. Then just place the wood into the thing, press the powers and plasmas does the rest for you ... your's j : )

Last edited:
Scalpels are good, I like to work with, but I prefer the curved ones:

F214717~p.eps-650.jpg

They cut smoother without scratching.
One of the reasons to prefer ordinary shaving razors is that their edges are curved and are running absolutely smooth.
There are blades for the above mentioned Stanley knifes with curved edge too.
Generally the curved cutting edge helps a lot.

Reactions: Geoch
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Funny. I was going to say that my friend Edmund uses a scalpel. It definitely works really well.

But I still just think it is sooooo easy with a scissors once you get the knack. And I have seen Der use kiddy scissors. It just is really not hard to cut rubbers after you figure out how to start it and get around the handle. But, everyone likes and uses their own method. Over time you develop it.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I just go scissors.
I cut with a couple of milimeters flap so it really doesnt matter.

I'm a utility knife person myself.

Having cut about 40 in the last 6 weeks, I have tested using a scalpel with blades 10 and 22. Whilst both of these were good, I found the handle of the scalpel to be a little too thin to get a decent amount of pressure on. I went back to my utility knife last week and I found it much easier.

This is the type I use though, the "Dolphin" shape is what I am used to....
STA110550.jpg