Overall Bat/Rubber Upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Hi
I'm currently using a XIOM Vega Pro (2.0mm) on both sides of my Stiga Offensive Classic.
So far this combo has worked the best for me so far- but I feel coming down to it, it's still lacking somewhere...

The rubber has about just the right amount of spin to fit my playstyle (Heavy loop sidespins, with a sidespin + smash focus backhand), but it lacks in speed somewhere.
And now recently my red topsheet is in a terrible state so it's not quite useable anymore either; hence I was considering now as a good time to switch.

Ive tested out my friends Tenergy 64/05 (2.1mm) and found I enjoyed the speed and spin on the 05; though not complety fond of the 64- and felt it was still a little slow, though he was using a standard practice blade.
Overall looking through reccomendations from fellow players, I've come to most likely go forward with:
Red: DHS Hurricane III Neo (2.15mm)
Black: Tenergy 05 (2.1mm)

Now, I'm also considering changing my blade in the process- leaving my xiom rubber'd bat aside to possibly use again by simply buying a new red topsheet- but with blades, I've only ever used 2 blades and both are Stiga ones;
Is there a blade you would reccomend as a upgrade to the Stiga Offensive Classic? I've gotten quite used to its grip so I'm not sure at this point.

Also if you have a better idea for rubber combinations, please feel free to suggest something; as for my playstyle:
I play anywhere between close to 2 steps behind the table; forehand is focused on sidespin loops, whereas backhand is more of a defensive chopper, reverse side-spin loops, and strong drives

Thankyou

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Would Max sponge from 2.0mm make enough of a difference?
As mentioned, a Tenergy 05/64 still feels a little weak at 2.1mm on a standard blade

If you like the Offensive Classic but think it lacks power, you might like the Carbon version of that blade, the Offensive Classic Carbon.

You might of course be giving in to counterproductive impulses, though.

Last edited:
Your rubbers are already out of life and its normal to feel lack of speed.
If you are happy with this setup, just get new Vega Pro, as mentioned above - max.
After that on the next change, if you need even more speed, you may think of changing the blade with a faster composite and/or changing to faster rubbers - Xiom Omega V or VII Pro/Asia.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Definitely only change one element at a time (blade or rubber), one notch at a time (thickness, speed level...). So going up in thickness with Vega Pro is a good start, then switching to slightly faster rubbers on your current blade, or a slightly faster blade but sticking to 5-ply all-wood or going to 7-ply all-wood but with the Vega Pro, then carbon... If you change more than one element at a time, the period of adjustment can be long and tough depending on your playing level, or it can even really hinder your game and development.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I would say keep the rubbers (new sheets) and get a faster blade. Tibhar stratus powerwood is a nice blade and should be faster than the OC.