Rasant powergrip more durable alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hey guys!

Since I’ve switched to Tibhar Stratus Power Wood with Rasant Powergrip + Rasant Powersponge on two sides, I couldn’t be happier with my setup. But recently I have noticed that the grip of the topsheet is slowly fading away. I have only used the rubber for two months (around 12 hours a week). I was thinking to replace them with similar but more durable rubbers. I really like the less tacky/more grippy quality of this rubber, but l can live without the catapult effect, so even if the rubber is a bit different in that regard that’s not a problem. So far the forehand rubber (powergrip) is wearing out faster than the backhand, but that’s probably because I use it more often in my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
My Mark V lasted around 4-5 months without any significant loss of grip, but it was a different kind of rubber completely. I hope there's something out there with the durability of Mark V and characteristics of Rasant.

110 hrs of play are pretty enough to deminish the grip of any rubber.
If Omega VII still keep the same grip after 110 hrs it would be fantastic.

Thats ok, if Mark V keeps its grip after more than 270 hrs, than its remarkably fantastic.
Anyway there is a difference between "slowly fading away" and "significant loss", I think.
What I try to say is that for most rubbers such a treshold defines a total lifespan, not a faded grip only.
Its normal to replace rubbers after 120 hrs of play.

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It seems like Rasant is discontinued anyway.

That is true. They are out of production, but should be on the list of approved Rubbers for some time coming. So if you can find your desired colour and thickness, you can still put a few aside before a change becomes unavoidable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Rasant series are very durable
Evolution arent
Bluefire is in the middle

i know rakza 7 is very durable and nittaku has good quality Of products
Dhs goldarc 8 are worthy and
Joola Maxxx P too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I’ve been asking around a bit, and I heard MX-S as an alternative a few times. Do you guys also think that MX-S would be a suitable replacement? Also, instead of Powersponge I heard I can use EL-S. Is that true?

Wouldn´t do that.
Powergrip has an overall hard feeling and hard sponge. MX-S has a softer sponge and softer topsheet. To replace Powergrip, you might want to look at Bluefire M1 Turbo, Rasanter R50 or V47 (not as hard, but more compact than R Version)
Powersponge on the other hand is much softer than EL-S. It is closer to FX-S in hardness, but a different rubber altogether. Maybe you´d be better suited with Rasanter R42 or GEWO Hype XT pro 40, maybe even Joola Rhyzer 43, which is also nominally harder than Powersponge but feels pretty soft.