STIGA Nostalgic blade series for 2018!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
STIGA have just released there new blade series for 2018, the Nostalgic which comes in 3 versions:

- Nostalgic Allround
- Nostalgic Offensive
- Nostalgic VII

nostalgicbladesstiga2018.jpg

What's interesting with these blades is STIGA have combined their popular Allround Classic and Offensive Classic blades as the base for the Nostalgic Allround and Nostalgic Offensive blade. The Nostalgic VII blade has been based on the Clipper wood.

What do you think of this new blade concept by STIGA? More insights and info here.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Old wines in new bottle. They haven't come up with anything new since forever. Stiga has been losing sales in China over the past few years. The company is losing touch with the market. They need to come up with something better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Luddite that I am, I'm waiting for the Stiga Flisan to come out. Named for Tage Flisberg, a three-time World Singles Finalist, and the greatest Swede male player before Johansson, Alser, Bengtsson. Waldner, Applegren, Lindh, Karlsson, etc.,
it is a sharp looking blade and pictured below:

cache.php

Last edited:
Wenge top seem to be a fad. I saw this before with Nexy and Yasaka on their blades and then followed by Butterfly. Good thing the are trying to adapt other wood veneers. Stiga has been using just walnut, limba and ebony and rosewood on their blades for a long time but they recently tried Arctic pine wood and now Wenge which is good. I wish they will use white ash and koto also.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Well. If nostalgic, then not nostalgic like it used to be.

My sentimental inclination would be piqued by a Stiga blade akin to the original Offensive Wood. Walnut, limba, ayous. Still somewhat by a koto, spruce, ayous composition.

It would spike by a svelte signature Stellan Bengtsson handle, and surge by a reborn iconic, conical Kjell Johansson handle. Ooooh baby.

But these blades, nice though they look, do not immediately bring the remorseful tears of bright days long gone to my eye. I smell a gimmicky marketing strategy.

Perhaps I’m wrong and the feel of these blades will be the smell of proustian Madeleines to me. I’ll repent humbly if that happens.

Until then: walnut and limba under that conical work of miracle. Well, a girl can dream…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
Old wines in new bottle. They haven't come up with anything new since forever. Stiga has been losing sales in China over the past few years. The company is losing touch with the market. They need to come up with something better.

Have you missed the carbon blades "Carbonado", which are used by most of the female top players? I think the Nostalgic blades looks good but I will probably stick with my Clipper.

Reactions: Andy44
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wenge top seem to be a fad. I saw this before with Nexy and Yasaka on their blades and then followed by Butterfly. Good thing the are trying to adapt other wood veneers.

Wenge's very hard, janka rating of 1630lbf. Compare: limba 670lbf, koto 930lbf, walnut 1010lbf. It's harder even than bamboo (janka 1410lbf). My go-to blade builder lists it as "best suited for pips or antis operated near to the table, especially it supports spin reversal very well, but also some spin."

What to make of that? Is the outer veneer extremely thin, perhaps?

Reactions: GinjaNinja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Wenge's very hard, janka rating of 1630lbf. Compare: limba 670lbf, koto 930lbf, walnut 1010lbf. It's harder even than bamboo (janka 1410lbf). My go-to blade builder lists it as "best suited for pips or antis operated near to the table, especially it supports spin reversal very well, but also some spin."

What to make of that? Is the outer veneer extremely thin, perhaps?

I was thinking the same thing, it must be a very thin outer. Wenge is hard, I have it at over 1900 janka, but then again, it's not as hard as rosewood or ebony. I do find it to be heavy too, the A4 sheets I have are about 6g heavier than limba. For me this would add about 6 or 7g in total weight unless they were sanded down. They do look great though, it will be interested to know how they play and also a photo of the piles side on.