Tacky rubber just because :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I could quote your entire post as being incorrect.

Have you tried H3N National extensively to make an insightful comparison?

What "fact" that "4 out of 10 sheets of h3neo are bad rubbers" are you referring to? Where do you get this statistic from?

I've owned 8 sheets of National rubbers and they're all amazing. Durability is simply great.

Boosting as being illegal is now up for official discussion within ITTF.

It's not bad for your health seeing as it's voc free. Everything you do in life can be a health hazard.

Why doesn't the CNT use B2 instead of H3N?

Well I can give you several reasons.
Battle2 still performs better than boosted h3neo in both power and control, it lasts much longer too since you don't really need to boost it, it is tackier and its tackiness is more resistant to humidity, heat and dirt, the fact that out 4 out of 10 sheets of h3neo are bad rubbers while 10 out of 10 sheets of battle2 are good (in my experience), the fact that boosting is both illegal in competitive play and bad for your health generally...

Reactions: Suga D
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I could quote your entire post as being incorrect.

Have you tried H3N National extensively to make an insightful comparison?

What "fact" that "4 out of 10 sheets of h3neo are bad rubbers" are you referring to? Where do you get this statistic from?

I've owned 8 sheets of National rubbers and they're all amazing. Durability is simply great.

Boosting as being illegal is now up for official discussion within ITTF.

It's not bad for your health seeing as it's voc free. Everything you do in life can be a health hazard.

Why doesn't the CNT use B2 instead of H3N?

CNT plays with specially produced rubbers made specifically for their top players.
'national' version h3 rubbers that you can buy for $100 each are great fakes, but still fakes.
with regular h3neo rubbers quality control is horrible. That is from my own experience as I've stated.

Of course I haven't extensively tried h3 national because, sorry, I don't know anyone but you who'd pay that much for (admittedly good) fakes. I have played with h3national that a team mate bought but to me it was kinda meh.

Also like pointed out here, there's a provincial version of the battle2 which is supposed to be great though I've never tried it. I don't like spending much on rubbers that you gotta replace every so often.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Where do you get your info from that the rubbers sold in the DHS shop during the WTTC 2017 in Dusseldorf are "fake"? And the rubbers sold on Prott? And the rubbers forum member Chen Chen sells? And the rubbers on tt11, an official DHS distributor?

You seem to be spewing nonsense just for the fun of it.

If you don't back up your claims with evidence you have zero credibility.

To you a H3N was "kinda meh" huh? Maybe your technique isn't on the proper level.

I have two friends who use B2 provincial, nothing wrong with that rubber but they boost the shit out of it as well, 2-3 layers of Falco.

You still seem to miss the point. I don't need to replace the rubbers often since they're extremely durable. I guess you missed that part. "You get what you pay for" is still valid.

CNT plays with specially produced rubbers made specifically for their top players.
'national' version h3 rubbers that you can buy for $100 each are great fakes, but still fakes.
with regular h3neo rubbers quality control is horrible. That is from my own experience as I've stated.

Of course I haven't extensively tried h3 national because, sorry, I don't know anyone but you who'd pay that much for (admittedly good) fakes. I have played with h3national that a team mate bought but to me it was kinda meh.

Also like pointed out here, there's a provincial version of the battle2 which is supposed to be great though I've never tried it. I don't like spending much on rubbers that you gotta replace every so often.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Enjoy the $100 fakes man, no worries.
rest assured you can't get a real CNT rubber unless a CNT player took it off his racket and gave it to you.
I don't remember who it was, someone whose a lot more closely familiar with these things posted once of how they have to return their worn out rubbers and get new ones etc.. so fat chance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
How did this thread get turned into comparing H3N, which is a $100+ rubber, to battle 2 which can be purchased for around $20?

The OP was dipping his toe in the water with trying tacky rubbers and somehow H3N came into the discussion. That's like saying "I'm thinking of purchasing my first car. Anybody got a reliable suggestion?" and someone answering "I really like the Bugatti Veyron. It's a great car."

Anyways, the OP has his suggestions and more than enough posts to give it a whirl. Now we just need to wait it out and see what he thinks.

Reactions: StehTischtennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why does cost matter? Maybe the OP doesn't have anything against paying $100 to get the best possible rubber.

How did this thread get turned into comparing H3N, which is a $100+ rubber, to battle 2 which can be purchased for around $20?

The OP was dipping his toe in the water with trying tacky rubbers and somehow H3N came into the discussion. That's like saying "I'm thinking of purchasing my first car. Anybody got a reliable suggestion?" and someone answering "I really like the Bugatti Veyron. It's a great car."

Anyways, the OP has his suggestions and more than enough posts to give it a whirl. Now we just need to wait it out and see what he thinks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Small niggle: H3N is not a $100+ rubber simply because H3N is abbreviation for H3 Neo, not national. Usually, when people want to refer to provincial or national versions of H3N, they add the corresponding extra word after H3N.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Correct. I referred to my equipment info.

Small niggle: H3N is not a $100+ rubber simply because H3N is abbreviation for H3 Neo, not national. Usually, when people want to refer to provincial or national versions of H3N, they add the corresponding extra word after H3N.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

Fair enough. I Probably should have been more clear or made my abbreviations correct in making my point. But H3 National did come come up in discussion & comparison to Battle 2. But your note is spot on.

Why does cost matter? Maybe the OP doesn't have anything against paying $100 to get the best possible rubber.

Yeah I guess it's possible. To me that seems foolish but that's just my opinion. I stand by my car reference there for someone looking to try something out. I mean why does cost matter right? But sure, the OP can add H3 national to his list of options. I'm sure it'd play fine.

On a side note, I don't think spending more equals better all the time. It just means more expensive. I'm not saying that you're saying that. But some of the more expensive rubbers I've tried have been disappointments or somewhat overrated in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
you guys are awesome! but please don't argue... this is a request to have some extra fun with a sport I love to play :)

haven't ordered yet. why? because shopping around makes me want more things, and I am falling victim to the EJ bug. I've somehow found a sheet of R7, Vega Pro and a Fextra blade in my cart, as well has h3n, sanwei target national, 729-08 and the ultraspin.

of course, i'm probably not going to buy all this... just need some will power to pull most of these out and make the order. but given the intensity of this thread, i am now starting to feel some pressure to give feedback on whatever I play with :D

but really, i'm quite happy to see all the passion here :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Simas and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Sanwei taiji and ultra spin are also very good cheap rubbers but are easier to handle than neo h3.
Sanwei Taiji is an amazing rubber, but it's way, way slower than neo h3, so keep that in mind if you choose it, OP. I can't be happier having it on my bh side. If I flip the racket and play with it on my forehand though, it becomes virtually impossible to miss the table (hell of an arc on the ball) with a flipside that it's also impossible to hit a winner speed-wise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
haven't ordered yet. why? because shopping around makes me want more things, and I am falling victim to the EJ bug. I've somehow found a sheet of R7, Vega Pro and a Fextra blade in my cart, as well has h3n, sanwei target national, 729-08 and the ultraspin.

of course, i'm probably not going to buy all this... just need some will power to pull most of these out and make the order. but given the intensity of this thread, i am now starting to feel some pressure to give feedback on whatever I play with :D

but really, i'm quite happy to see all the passion here :)

welcome to the club :)
Just keep in mind, that too much of EJunking is bad for consistency of your play. From my personal experience...

This user has no status.
The worst part about being an EJ is that the first hit isn't free. Isn't the first hit supposed to be free? Come on I want my free hit. I need it. I'm begging.

The best you can get is free shipping for orders above 70 € at tabletennis11.com
and for some specific items at ttnpp.com

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
No, the best you can get is aliexpress with entirely free shipping and the best choice of all tacky rubbers :)