CNT trial for WTTTC this week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Since CTTA announced new qualification rules for major tournaments, core players do not need to attend trials and U21 players get more chances.
For the upcoming 2018 WTTTC, Ma Long / Fan Zhendong / Xu Xin & Ding Ning / Liu Shiwen / Zhu Yuling are selected based on their results at 2017 WTTC/China National Games/overall performance. The last 2 spots will be decided with round robin trials this week.

Women's team (Mar 16-17), 1st place and 2nd place among 8: Chen Meng, Chen Xingtong, Wang Manyu, Gu Yuting, Sun Yingsha, Wu Yang, Feng Yalan, Mu Zi

Men's team (Mar 15-18), 1st place among 10: Fang Bo, Zhou Yu, Yan An, Lin Gaoyuan, Zhou Kai, Liang Jingkun, Wang Chuqin (U21), Xue Fei (U21), Liu Dingshuo (U21), Zhou Qihao (U21), and best U21 out of 4 (if 1st place is taken by a U21, the 2nd best U21 will get the last spot).

Who do you think will qualify and become the next world team champion?

This user has no status.
I really hope that Xue Fei can claim at least the U21 spot, and I'll go with the save bet on Lin Gaoyuan for the 1st place among the Men's team, considering how well he plays against his team mates over all.

As for Women, I wouldn't mind Wang Manyu winning it. Maybe the female Fan Zhendong (Sun Yingsha) can secure a spot together with her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Ding Ning picked over Chen Meng, a debatable decision. Also funny how women's CNT is so strong that there needs not be a U21 policy analogous to that for men's CNT.

CM did not win any medal at 2017 WTTC and China National Games. She failed WTC trial as well. No way that coach team picks her.

Selection for CNT WTTTC lineup:
1. One singles medalist at 2017 WTTC (ML/FZD/XX; DN/ZYL/LSW)
2. One singles medalist at 2017 China National Games (ML/FZD/WCQ; DN/LSW/ZYL)
3. One of the top 3 ranked player in trials
4. One of the top 3 ranked player in CTTSL 2017-2018 season who is not a CNT player (if all the top 3 ranked player in CTSSL are CNT players, the spot will be determined by trials or CNT evaluation)
5. One with high CTTA U21 ranking

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Where is ZJK ?? He claimed.he will be back by May 2018.

Today I've read tones of news and article from china's media which was told about his withdraw . That is logical . he wasn't playing for a long time and for sure there are more prepared players than zhang jike in this period of time . his original plan was to come back on may . The men's team trial will be held in march with four days of brutal competition and zhang jike who has just returned for a few days , will certainly not be able to catch up . He has kept his body fit even thuogh he hasn't trained table tennis for a long time . but the news also has stated he started doing physical training right after tt training .

Really... I will never understand people always waiting for ZJK like he is God or something like that. Believe it or not he will never come back in pro stage.

Yes sali !! He came back to training you can see news and photo of training here :

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...7-Zhang-Jike-News-Pics-Videos-amp-more/page11

I also will send the new video of his training which appears so nice . He's got a lot of fans and they worriy about his playing so its normal to be asked if he will play or not . We are talking about a super star .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I really hope that Xue Fei can claim at least the U21 spot, and I'll go with the save bet on Lin Gaoyuan for the 1st place among the Men's team, considering how well he plays against his team mates over all.

As for Women, I wouldn't mind Wang Manyu winning it. Maybe the female Fan Zhendong (Sun Yingsha) can secure a spot together with her.

Wang Manyu is brilliant . I really like women team's new generation but its opposite with men's team .... women team' youngsters are so promising ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Today I've read tones of news and article from china's media which was told about his withdraw which is logical . he wasn't playing for a long time and for sure there are more prepared players than zhang jike in this period of time . his original plan was to come back on may . The men's team trial will be held in march with four days of brutal competition and zhang jike who has just returned for a few days , will certainly not be able to catch up . He has kept his body fit even thuogh he hasn't trained table tennis for a long time . but the news also has told he started doing physical training right after tt training .

Yes sali !! He came back to training you can see news and photo of training here :

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...7-Zhang-Jike-News-Pics-Videos-amp-more/page11

I also will send the new video of his training which appears so nice . He's got a lot of fans and they worried about his playing so its normal to be asked if he will play or not .

Sorry I do not follow topics like news, pic for any player (for me it is a spam) - of course if you like to follow your here that is fine, but I just prefer to watch good matches and talk more about strategy etc.
Even if he is again in training center it does not mean he is going to play at team competition. For these young players he is a here (even if created by media) and they need someone like him to train harder and show their best. Even if he take part at the trials I would be very surprised if he win more then 2 matches. You must understand that he is not 20 years old anymore., he is 30 years old. You do not see many players at top 10 after 30. And do not tell me about waldner, samsonov or boll because their playing style is much different. Chinese players were always good thanks to technique and what is more important is physical strenth. ZJK always paid high attention to that factor. So at his age and long break and modern fresh players he cannot compete at top 10 world level, maybe he could play like level to 30-50, but I think he does not want that and so his fans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Sorry I do not follow topics like news, pic for any player (for me it is a spam) - of course if you like to follow your here that is fine, but I just prefer to watch good matches and talk more about strategy etc.
Even if he is again in training center it does not mean he is going to play at team competition. For these young players he is a here (even if created by media) and they need someone like him to train harder and show their best. Even if he take part at the trials I would be very surprised if he win more then 2 matches. You must understand that he is not 20 years old anymore., he is 30 years old. You do not see many players at top 10 after 30. And do not tell me about waldner, samsonov or boll because their playing style is much different. Chinese players were always good thanks to technique and what is more important is physical strenth. ZJK always paid high attention to that factor. So at his age and long break and modern fresh players he cannot compete at top 10 world level, maybe he could play like level to 30-50, but I think he does not want that and so his fans.

My reply to your post didnt need this long reply . i just suggested u to see the news . cause i thought you didnt know about his comeback to training . you can see the thread or not . not important . . so easy . other things u told is so cliche and over used ............

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
[...] I also will send the new video of his training which appears so nice . He's got a lot of fans and they worriy about his playing so its normal to be asked if he will play or not . We are talking about a super star .

Yes Ping fun, he is a superstar, but a big part of his game was the motivation factor. He was always though to perform the best on the big stages ..
Do you think Zhank Jike still has it, after completing his Grand Slam, 2 times World Champ, 2 times World Cup ... ?