CNT trial for WTTTC this week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yes Ping fun, he is a superstar, but a big part of his game was the motivation factor. He was always though to perform the best on the big stages ..
Do you think Zhank Jike still has it, after completing his Grand Slam, 2 times World Champ, 2 times World Cup ... ?

Did i said he will comeback and make a BOOOM .... no . what you said is true and I'm aware of it . he got big titles in his youth and somehow lost that motivation . that's some thing that every pro TT players or TT watcher knows . To be honest our sport needs a lot of motivation to play apart from championship cases. So LGL put another goal for him after Rio games which zjk was close to retire . He said Play for fans no matter what's the result . and one things . I'm sure Carl will come and kill ;) me .. so i dont talk about it any more here in this forum .

Reactions: Suga D and jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Chuang Chih-Yuan is well into his 30's and makes top10, Wang Hao had 2 strong seasons at 30 and 31 yo. I don't see any reason for Zhang Jike to retire unless that's what he wants himself.
For someone who was on top of the world and won all the biggest competition beeing no 9 or ever no 5 in the world is not enough. It is not that I dislike ZJK, he was great player (deffinitely not the greates) and I liked his playing style, but you cannot play this style at this level once you are over 30. If you see nowadays competition more and more younger players are going to top very fast and you cannot change it. I think ZJK is inteligent enough to understand situation that he cannot be again at top of the world.
So my point is that media, coaches make him be active again to give more confidence to young players - that's it.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
[...] He said Play for fans no matter what's the result . and one things . I'm sure Carl will come and kill ;) me .. so i dont talk about it any more here in this forum .

Ha ha I'm silent too ; ) Yeah, but playing for fans, those teenage girls ... I just don't see it as a goal for the Great Champion like Zhang Jike ...

He would be better off switching to car racing i.e. with his Maserati beauty ... No sarcasm here ; )

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Did i said he will comeback and make a BOOOM .... no . what you said is true and I'm aware of it . he got big titles in his youth and somehow lost that motivation . that's some thing that every pro TT players or TT watcher knows . To be honest our sport needs a lot of motivation to play apart from championship cases. So LGL put another goal for him after Rio games which zjk was close to retire . He said Play for fans no matter what's the result . and one things . I'm sure Carl will come and kill ;) me .. so i dont talk about it any more here in this forum .
Carl is watching you ping! Stick to the topic or else the Good Squad will be on your tail....

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The thread isn't over people. How did we turn a healthy and good thread about CNT WTTTC qualifications into something else? Wait until the team is announced and then you can do whatever you want with the thread.
It's over once we know ML, FZD and XX are in. Nobody cares about the trial.
057_.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
WCQ has one advantage over others: there's no other player in his coach Wu Jingping's group attending the trial. He can have WJP coaching him for all 9 matches.
ZQH, on the other hand, does not have a coach. It is not clear yet if he can be assigned a temporary coach for the trial.
FB, LJK: coach Liu Guozheng
ZY, LDS: coach Ma Junfeng
LGY, YA: coach Liu Heng
XF, ZK: coach Wang Hao

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Mar 15 morning session
1 LJK 3:2(LDS) 1:3(WCQ)
2 XF 2:3(LGY) 0:3(FB)
3 ZQH 3:0(YA) 0:3(ZY)
4 YA 0:3(ZQH) 3:0(WCQ)
5 LGY 3:2(XF) 3:1(ZK)
6 LDS 2:3(LJK) 1:3(FB)
7 ZK 1:3(LGY) 1:3(ZY)
8 WCQ 3:1(LJK) 0:3(YA)
9 ZY 3:0(ZQH) 3:1(ZK)
10 FB 3:0(XF) 3:1(LDS)

ZQH seemed to have WJP coaching him. He used to be in WJP's group. Good for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Don’t be so positive China TT association is fed up w the new ranking system esp the joke on announcing FZD as no 1 then said is an error! Now u will see the absence of China Top 4 in both Men n Women in both the German n Polish Open! 中国队不想跟你们玩了!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If I read your post correctly FB seems to want that spot :)

Mar 15 morning session
1 LJK 3:2(LDS) 1:3(WCQ)
2 XF 2:3(LGY) 0:3(FB)
3 ZQH 3:0(YA) 0:3(ZY)
4 YA 0:3(ZQH) 3:0(WCQ)
5 LGY 3:2(XF) 3:1(ZK)
6 LDS 2:3(LJK) 1:3(FB)
7 ZK 1:3(LGY) 1:3(ZY)
8 WCQ 3:1(LJK) 0:3(YA)
9 ZY 3:0(ZQH) 3:1(ZK)
10 FB 3:0(XF) 3:1(LDS)

ZQH seemed to have WJP coaching him. He used to be in WJP's group. Good for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
It's over once we know ML, FZD and XX are in. Nobody cares about the trial.
cache.php

I couldnt agree more :)

All I would care about are women trials, they are this time much more interresting.
To me I would like to see Wang Manyu and Sun Yingsha to get in ;)
Much more than Chen Meng.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Mar 15 afternoon session
1 LJK 3:0(YA) 3:1(FB)
2 XF 3:2(LDS) 3:1(ZY)
3 ZQH 3:2(LGY) 2:3(WCQ)
4 YA 0:3(LJK) 1:3(ZK)
5 LGY 2:3(ZQH) 3:1(LDS)
6 LDS 2:3(XF) 1:3(LGY)
7 ZK 3:0(FB) 3:1(YA)
8 WCQ 3:1(ZY) 3:2(ZQH)
9 ZY 1:3(WCQ) 1:3(XF)
10 FB 0:3(ZK) 1:3(LJK)

After Day 1, LJK/LGY/WCQ 3 wins-1 loss, XF/ZQH/ZK/ZY/FB 2 wins-2 losses, YA 1 win-3 losses, LDS 0 win-4 losses

CCTV5 also reported the finalized selection rules.
ML: 2017 WTTC winner, FZD: 2017 National Games runner-up, XX: WR#5 and penholder
Trial: 1st place (senior) and best U21, or 1st place (U21) and 2nd place (senior/U21)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016