CNT trial for WTTTC this week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Don't be too frustrated. ML, XX as well as FB, YZY are on the way to German Open (Mar 20-25). FZD, LGY will play Asian Cup (Apr 4-6). They don't really train all the time from Mar 18 to Apr 17 at the closed training camp.

Plus, as I said in 2018 Qatar Open thread, European teams, maybe Japanese and Korean as well, had better not put too much attention on CNT. Look at the group draw and make sure they can get to the KO stage. Getting better position to avoid facing CNT at QF is more realistic.
2018_WTTC_MT_CD_Draw-1.png

Ok guys ... CNT has already started its closed training with lots of sparing partners, and coaches etc. as mentioned by Raineverever, while Europe still has Champions League games like Apr 06th and i.e. Polish super league has matches on Apr 17th!

In terms of the preparation I dear to say Europe has already gave up competing with China altogether. I'm being tempted to say, that I should restrain myself from watching any of China vs EU Country matches ... it just makes less and less sense. I'll probably watch it, but with little emotions really ...

J.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Don't be too frustrated. ML, XX as well as FB, YZY are on the way to German Open (Mar 20-25). FZD, LGY will play Asian Cup (Apr 4-6). They don't really train all the time from Mar 18 to Apr 17 at the closed training camp.

Well yeah, I just realized it. Still there are league matches like in the middle of April in Poland, as far as I checked TTBL too. IMHO Europe is not interested in a serious competition with the CNT and this is why it is futile to build any emotional expectations.

Rain ... I don't mind you winning (ML, FZD, XX are my heroes too), but I want o see a serious matches on our part too, or at least some work being done. Wright now nothing is happening (maaaaybe I'm wrong). I'm not going to watch - with any excitement - another 10 years of those matches going one direction all the time.

You are really close to being on my ignore list. Just saying...

NextLevel, actually may I ask why?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

NextLevel, actually may I ask why?

Because while I respect anyone who is willing to post a picture of himself with a table tennis star on a public forum, you say a lot of stuff just to get attention, stuff that is often easy to figure out is out of line with the reality of the table tennis world and isn't that complicated.

While it is quite true that no one has a realistic chance of beating China, it is not something any of your statements are going to solve. The people who have a chance no matter how small (even the ones that raineverever thinks should give up, as if any serious competitor ever really does so) are doing what they can. Stuff like what you write at some point makes me wonder why I should be exposed to it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Detailed results
1. Zhu Linfeng 2. Zhao Zihao 3. Xia Yizheng 4. Xu Chenhao 5. Zhang Yudong 6. Ren Hao 7. Lai Jiaxin 8. Niu Guankai 9. Zheng Peifeng 10. Ma Te
thread_125126940712710_20180319133218_s_207023_h_882px_w_1280px1729417636.jpeg

Final results: Ma Te 8-1, Zhu Linfeng 7-2, Zheng Peifeng/Zhao Zihao 6-3, Zhang Yudong/Xia Yizheng 5-4, Lai Jiaxin 3-6, Xu Chenhao/Ren Hao 2-7, Niu Guankai 1-8

Ma Te, Zhu Linfeng, Zheng Peifeng and Zhao Zihao earn the spots to play Bulgaria Open and Czech Open in August. Top CNT players may not attend these two events as in prep for 2018 Asian Games.

It is said that 1st-4th place will earn chance to play World Tour (which one not specified): Ma Te, Zheng Peifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Zhao Zihao (order not specified).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
While it is quite true that no one has a realistic chance of beating China, it is not something any of your statements are going to solve.

No they won't. I just want to be politically incorrect and talk about how to be a serious contender to the CNT.

The people who have a chance no matter how small (even the ones that raineverever thinks should give up, as if any serious competitor ever really does so) are doing what they can.

People are doing "what they can" for more than decades now ...

Of course you are referring to my previous ideas i.e. about a centralized EU training events for top players. I'm not an expert, but I think EU has structural and organizational tools for this. Of course wast majority of the development happens on the club level, but even organizing such events 2 or 3 times a year, would give a psychological or mental "hint" to the players, that "we" want to be the best too, and no opponent should be out of reach.

[...] Stuff like what you write at some point makes me wonder why I should be exposed to it. [...] Because while I respect anyone who is willing to post a picture of himself with a table tennis star on a public forum [...]

Be my guest, and add me to your "ignore list" - no objections.
See, despite my ideas, I can also enjoy good tennis and atmosphere of a high level tournaments.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
There are only several pieces of CCTV5 news about the trial. No recording of the full matches, not to mention live streaming.
From 2006 to 2017, all CNT WTTTC and WTTC trials were broadcasted. But LGL's era is over.

This user has no status.
There are only several pieces of CCTV5 news about the trial. No recording of the full matches, not to mention live streaming.
From 2006 to 2017, all CNT WTTTC and WTTC trials were broadcasted. But LGL's era is over.

this is just sad. i loved those videos.

Reactions: safumin and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

Actually I remember people on China complaining that other can easily Play in cttsl and can learn a lot of chinese technique. All the mess was after hirano miu took down all chinese superstars. I think it affected all chinese table tennis. So probably this is the reason of lack od broadcasting.