Progression from Vega Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
You guys don't impact the ball properly and blame the rubber.
Ok, on the internetz people say its medium ... maybe ... Important thing is, the catapult is not as big, helps control over the net.

@NextLevel how fast is your Inca? With those MX-Ses it must be a rocket there ... ; )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
I have had a hit with MX-S. I feel the throw is low, but the spin is great. I'm not sure it can match Vega Pro in blocking. I agree with one of the comments wherein it was mentioned that VP absorbs a lot of high impact shots easily and that helps in placing the blocks. I guess I admire VP a lot more than I thought initially. Mantra M, Aurus Select and Rakza 7 (2.0 or 1.8) seems reasonable alternatives after this VP sheet is worn out.
I don't know much about Omega Asia V, but it could be an option.
T05 is just out of bounds in terms of price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Interesting topic. I use both Vega Pro and Rakza 7. I find the two to be very similar. I look for deals.
Rakza 7 soft is OK for the BH but not the FH unless it is max and you play back from the table. I find Rakza 7 Soft Max to be very bouncy. Rakza 7 soft is very good for looping away from the table but I am a close to the table kind of guy. ( think rooted tree with wide branches ).

I have played with MX-S 1.9 on both sides. MX-S is OK but I prefer Rakza 7 2mm or even 1.8mm. MX-S may have a higher "throw" but that is because it is slower not skinnier than Rakza 7 or Vega Pro.

My MX-S shrank a lot. That is the main reason I don't prefer to use it.