Polish Open 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Semi-final Yang Haeun 4 - 3 Margaryta Pesotska was amazing , a lot of great rallies.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I do not know what is up with korean players. They have 1-2 great years beeing close to top 10 and then suddenly they just cannot keep their form and have problems fighting players lower then top 50. Jung Youngsik was close to beat Ma Long at olympics, he has beaten many top players and today....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
What happened to the audience for this fabulous table tennis?

Well because as nice as the hall and the whole facility is, COS OPO Spała is basically a national center for Olympic sports.
It is surrounded by woods and placed next to the small city called Spała. There is no local interest and you have to travel far to get there ...

So I have been there yesterday : ) Just a few people watching on the stands and vast majority of them are a national teams cheering for their teammates. I choose to seat next to the India team and not too far from the Koreans. We've been watching YANG Haeun and BATRA Manika match. Manika although lost 0:4 was really close in point in every set. Too bad because she represents this rare style (pimpled rubber and defense close to the table). India guys Ashanta, Gosh and the whole team were having a really good time laughing all the time, and I was laughing with them, even though I didn't know a single world they said ... ; )

I also had a short talk with Jeoung Youngsik. He used to play with the Bogoria team in Poland, really nice guy - very open. I learned from him, he has just recovered from his wrist injury and I hope he will do well in Halmstad. Because of how friendly he was to the me, basically a stranger, and also his playing style (bh oriented) I think I became his fan now.

Little footage ... and exhibitionist time ; )

IMAG0035_3aaa.jpg

So I think next time it would be nice to have it closer to Cracow. Even for a Challenger there would be more people then in many of the WTs .

Here is the link to the proper castle, to held those Table Tennis tourneys ... : )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawel

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Anybody know why finals are in saturday ?? Always finals are in sunday.

ITTF tournaments have different schedule formats depending on a variety of things. This is one of the challenger formats that is used, in the Platinum formats, all the finals are on Sunday and there are usually no semi-finals on the same day.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yang is beautiful woman

jawien gadałeś z nim co ma okładzine na backhandzie? wiem, że jest to xiom, co do kontuzji mocno mu przeszkadza przy grze forhandowej i chyba ma problem też z poruszaniem się, widziałem go mocno ciężkiego w półfinale. sorry for polish language

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Nie ... rozmawiałem króciutko, zaraz po jego półfinale z tym młodym Niemcem Qiu Dang (świetnie mówi po niemiecku). Tyle co o Bogorii, o tej kontuzji sam mi wspomniał - nawet nie wiedziałem. Za mało czasu poprostu na takie gadki.

Mam znajomych, którzy tam sędziowali ... popytam ; )
W jakiej lidze grasz?

@Sorry, guys since I was asked in polish, hence the reply, but in short we just wonder what are J. Youngsik's rubbers ...

Last edited: