Paul Drinkhall vs TableTennisDaily's Dan! 1 set showdown!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

During our recent review (Aurus Prime & Select Rubbers) with World Number 35 Paul Drinkhall we challenged Paul to a #1SetShowdown. Users had to guess what the score was in a 1 set match up between Dan and Paul to win a Tibhar Drinkhall Carbon blade signed by Paul!

Paul Drinkhall vs Dan!

Winner of the Drinkhall Carbon Off blade signed by Paul Drinkhall announced:

drinkhallcarbon2018.jpg

Thanks to all 1473 entries across TableTennisDaily's website and youtube channel who entered the competition on what they thought the score would be between Paul and Dan.

123 users guessed the correct score. All 123 users were put into an excel spreadsheet with a number assigned to them. Using the google random number generator the number 24 was produced.

Congratulations to Roger Hance winning a Drinknhall Carbon blade signed by Paul Drinkhall and a set of Aurus Prime and Select rubbers. If you can PM your address to TableTennisDaily we will post your prize win right away!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily competitions and 1 set showdowns!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I remember one time I played against a 2500 player (not even close to Paul) and I was so .. confused. Regardless how I tried I was always one or 2 steps behind him. The ball could be too fast, too spinney, at weird locations, and I could only won a few points by him making mistake exactly like what happened here between Paul and Dan.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
1473 entries... hooleesheet!

Congratulations to the winner!

Haha it took a long time to scrap them from youtube and pull out the winning entries :D

I remember one time I played against a 2500 player (not even close to Paul) and I was so .. confused. Regardless how I tried I was always one or 2 steps behind him. The ball could be too fast, too spinney, at weird locations, and I could only won a few points by him making mistake exactly like what happened here between Paul and Dan.

Hey Tropical, I totally understand what you mean. If you see in the video Paul often attacked directly to my backhand/cross over. The problem I had was I couldn't read which direction he was playing his forehand. It also didnt help I lost the serve/receive game right away :D

Grrrrrr I guessed right but didn't win! :D

Next time Stallion! Thanks for entering :)

Reactions: tropical
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I love these Dan vs Pro matches too. Dan is a really good player. Much better technique than me. I'm sure much better than most people on this forum. But even someone as good as Dan can't get close to these pro players. It really makes you appreciate how damn amazing they are. Great work Dan.