Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 98
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 98 16

I can't use my backhand while flicking

Hi, I'm a left handed player. I can BH flick to right handed players pendulum serve. But I can't BH flick to BH serves to my BH and reverse pendulum serves to my backhand. How can I flick them? What are differences of these serves?

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 207 431
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 431 207
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpay
    Hi, I'm a left handed player. I can BH flick to right handed players pendulum serve. But I can't BH flick to BH serves to my BH and reverse pendulum serves to my backhand. How can I flick them? What are differences of these serves?
    Where are your attempted flicks going - into the net, off the end of the table or off to one side ?
    Second/spare blade: Joola K7 with Tibhar Evolution MX-P (forehand) and MX-S (backhand)

This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 98
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 98 16
    Quote Originally Posted by JHB
    Where are your attempted flicks going - into the net, off the end of the table or off to one side ?
    If it is underspin bh serve, it goes to net, if it is sidespin serve it is going out or it is going really high.

says it's not practice if there's no counterattacking

Advanced TTD Member 706 455
    says it's not practice if there's no counterattacking

Advanced TTD Member 455 706
    All right: Lefty here.

I understand your problem because I've had it myself. We are used to serves that curve towards our elbow, so when normal right-handed pendulum serves come to us, we are used to moving the racket towards the elbow.

When the other sidespin comes, it will be curving away from your elbow, so in order to receive those, you have to move with the ball first: away from your elbow and outwards.

If that advice doesn't help, I highly recommend posting a video so we can give better advice.

The Following User Likes songdavid98's Post:

ttmonster

Always go forward