T League - Japan's New TT league

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
just checked the schedule of one random team (TT Saitama)
https://tleague.jp/team/tt-saitama/match/

and if i count well, there are 21 matchs so they are playing each other 3 teams 7 times. thats a bit strange, an odd number, not the same number of home and away games ? or perhaps YES because the opening day everybody was in "neutral" Ryogoku Sumo venue ?

Anyway I find it a bit ridiculous this league where every team will play 7 times (!!!) the other teams... especially given some rosters are clearly much stronger than others. Its gonna be quickly boring

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
Anyway I find it a bit ridiculous this league where every team will play 7 times (!!!) the other teams... especially given some rosters are clearly much stronger than others. Its gonna be quickly boring

Yeah, I agree... But there are some good matches. I have to admit that Jeoung Youngsik is killing it in T league. He and Harimoto seem unstoppable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
just checked the schedule of one random team (TT Saitama)
https://tleague.jp/team/tt-saitama/match/

and if i count well, there are 21 matchs so they are playing each other 3 teams 7 times. thats a bit strange, an odd number, not the same number of home and away games ? or perhaps YES because the opening day everybody was in "neutral" Ryogoku Sumo venue ?

Actualy even though there are Home and Away team on paper, a lot of games are played in neutral venue. I'd guess it'd be a problem once they build a local following in their home town but it should be good this way for a few seasons.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Here's LGL's thoughts on his visit a few days.

刘国梁
10-28 18:22 来自 !Phone 6s
应福原爱和松下浩二之邀,出席T联赛开幕式!超一流的相扑国竞体育馆、灯光.音响.舞台都非常棒,至于球员水准浩二也表示没有中国队员参加略显……[允悲][偷笑]内场的票价最高10万日元约6300人民币,最底5000日元,福原爱都自己花钱给她妈妈买了三张票[心]用实际行动来支持T联赛[日本][乒乓]话说T联赛都卖到了这个价格,那我们未来的C联赛应该怎么定价呢……[中国][乒乓][费解]第二天去参观了日本精英学院.国家队.国少集训队,充分了解了他们的培养模式和管理办法!光学院18岁以下男女一共7名队员,18张球台.24名教练.若干保障人员.竟然还有3个情报员[二哈]最后亲自去食堂体验了一下科学配餐……[哈哈]日本一趟该看的看了,该吃的也吃了,知己知彼嘛……世界永远都是尊重强者[中国][乒乓][中国赞]@福原愛AiFukuhara
LGL
10-28 18:22 From !Phone 6s
At the invitation of Ai Fukuhara and Koji Matsushita, I attended the T League opening ceremony! Super classy sumo hall, the lighting, the hi-fi, and the stage are all outstanding. As for the player level, Koji also stated that without Chinese players, it's a little... [facepalm emote][smirk emote] The VIP seat costs 100,000 yen, roughly 6300 RMB, with the cheapest costing 5000 yen. Fukuhara even bought 3 tickets out of her own pocket for her Mom[heart emote], supporting the T League through action.[Japan flag][tt emote] If the T League could charge that price, how much should our future C League charge...[China flag][tt emote][head scratch emote] I spent the 2nd day visiting the JOC Elite Academy, National Team, and Junior National Team, and learned so much about their training models and management! Just the Academy alone, there is a total of 7 boys and girls for the U18, 18 tables, 24 coaches, a certain number of support staff, and even 3 intelligence agents[Siberian Husky emote] To wrap up the trip, I paid the cafeteria a visit to get a hands-on of the science-based diet...[LOL emote] In this trip to Japan, I saw what I needed to see and ate what I needed to eat, as Sun Tzu says "know yourself, know your enemy"...The world will always respect the strong[China flag][tt emote][thumbs up emote]@福原爱AiFukuhara

knLgmfu.jpg

KWKVFFk.jpg

tcD5I25.jpg

mcecsxb.jpg

xXR9mKg.jpg

FJ7u45F.jpg

he3riOi.jpg

XGLJvUY.jpg

mrgfH1V.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
The 3 agents in action?

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Just the Academy alone, there is a total of 7 boys and girls for the U18, 18 tables, 24 coaches, a certain number of support staff, and even 3 intelligence agents
Get real. By all evidence it's working, and we've all wanted stiffer competition for the CNT but if that's the way forward, competition worldwide is well and truly dead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Get real. By all evidence it's working, and we've all wanted stiffer competition for the CNT but if that's the way forward, competition worldwide is well and truly dead.

I wouldn't worry about it as Elite Academy system in Japan isn't really churning out world beaters. They are pouring money, however, to organize more seminors for coaches and training camp for youth. Coupling that with huge upsurge in junior players and junior clubs, have been the key to steady rise in playing standard for the past 15 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Yes I realised afterwards my comment was pretty negative, apologies for that. I'm all in for grassroots growth of the game, as anyone should be, and I am also the biggest fan of what the current Japanese youngsters are doing. Maybe it's because I posted that right after yesterday afternoon, when a guy at a local team competition was talking about the shortage of elite funding in some sports in France, apparently Martin Fourcade made a stiff public rant about it on TV. I can't say I have looked up the figures and we have it pretty good here in France, but still I might just be jealous!

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
A short clip of LGL's visit. In stark contrast to the media attention in China, there's literally nothing in Japanese media. Ito steals all the thunder, perhaps?

Back to the T League, Matsushita has expressed in a radio show several days ago that he's still trying to get the CNT players to join the T League, citing teams are willing to pay as much as ¥500 million. That's over US$4.4 mil, even more than the prize money($3.8 mil) for the US Open 2018 champions.

https://www.fnn.jp/posts/00387550HDK
「シーズンのスタートを10月にしたのも、中国のシーズンとずらして選手がオフに参加してくれるようにするためです。契約金はものすごく高くて、一人で5億円というケースも稀ではありません。本格的な登録ではなくても、何試合か出てもらって、日本の卓球ファンに喜んでいただきたいし、競技力アップにも必要なことです」
"The season start is picked in October to avoid conflicting with CTTSL so that Chinese players could come over to play. It's not surprising that a player's contract could amount to more than 500 million yens. They do not even have to register in the T-League, and they are free to play only several matches. In order to please the Japanese fans and improve the competitiveness of the T-League, Chinese players are indispensable."

On a related note, the ban on foreign players from participating in the CTTSL has been lifted a week ago. Ovtcharov is the 1st foreign player to be invited after the ban.

Last edited: