Who do you think will win the German Open 2018?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 77 78.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Simon Gauzy

• Tomokazu Harimoto

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The table tennis world now moves onto the hotly anticipated German Open! In the last few weeks we have seen the World Team Cup, Qatar Open and the Polish Open, this weeks German Open only gets better with host nations Dimitrij Ovtcharov leading the men's singles seedings! This platinum event will take place in Bremen from the 23rd to 25th March.

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Singles Groups
Women's Singles Groups

Men's Singles Seeds

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov, has entered the German Open as the #1 seed.

ovtcharovgermanopen2018.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov the no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
02) Timo Boll
03) Xu Xin
04) Koki Niwa
05) Ma Long
06) Wong Chun Ting
07) Simon Gauzy
08) Tomokazu Harimoto
09) Marcos Freitas
10) Chuang Chih Yuan
11) Jun Mizutani
12) Lee Sangsu
13) Hugo Calderano
14) Omar Assar
15) Yuya Oshima
16) Kristian Karlsson

Women's Singles Seeds

Singapore's Feng Tianwei enters the Qatar Open as the number 1 seed.

fengtianweigermanopen2018.jpg

Singapore's Feng Tianwei enters the German Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Feng Tianwei
02) Kasumi Ishikawa
03) Mima Ito
04) Miu Hirano
05) Cheng I-Ching
06) Doo Hoi Kem
07) Li Jie
08) Chen Szu-Yu
09) Chen Xingtong
10) Lee Ho Ching
11) Hina Hayata
12) Miyu Kato
13) Sakura Mori
14) Hyowon Suh
15) Ying Han
16) Sabine Winter

For full player entries click here.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved in the TTD topic and get involved with the discussions.

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
WMY withdrew German Open in prep for 2018 WTTTC. FYL withdrew due to an injury at CNT WTTTC trial.
CNT only has XX(#4 seed), ML(#5 seed), FB, YZY left for men's singles. For women's singles, CNT sends CXT(#9 seed), MZ, SYS, WY, Fan Siqi, Huang Yingqi, Li Jiayi, Wen Jia, Zhang Qiang, none of whom are in WTTTC lineup.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
I hope that Timo will wake up and show some good game. His last match in Champions League was not bad so maybe he will make a suprise ;) It will be awesome to see his match with Ma Long in final ;) Dima is after injury, so I don's know how about his shape... We will se after first games ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hope that Timo will wake up and show some good game. His last match in Champions League was not bad so maybe he will make a suprise ;) It will be awesome to see his match with Ma Long in final ;) Dima is after injury, so I don's know how about his shape... We will se after first games ;)
I like Timo but definitely not, if you take close look to his match with Gauzy it was very easy for French. I Think everybody wonders how is Dima now, he can play really top level once he is in a good mood and physical condition. It is German Open so he plays at home. I think everything depends on the lineup. There are some great players competing in group stage, there is his old rival mizutani who now is far away in ranking. So this constest can cause a lot of upsets in early rounds due to ranking system change.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
I like Timo but definitely not, if you take close look to his match with Gauzy it was very easy for French. I Think everybody wonders how is Dima now, he can play really top level once he is in a good mood and physical condition. It is German Open so he plays at home. I think everything depends on the lineup. There are some great players competing in group stage, there is his old rival mizutani who now is far away in ranking. So this constest can cause a lot of upsets in early rounds due to ranking system change.

Yep, but if You look at his match with Calderano You will see some light in the tunnel ;) Gauzy was unstoppable this day

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
We have main draw already and it seems quite easy way for Dima to reach at least semis. Of course we do not know who will come from qualification groups but Dima avoided his biggest opponents (who beaten him most of Times) untill final, let's just say:
- mizutani
- niwa
- ma long
- calderano? now in good form

In his half dima probably faces
1. freitas
2. harimoto
3. xu xin

Again not good lottery for Mizutani, if he goes to second round there will be ma long waiting, last time second round he had FZD. In that way he will never reach top 10. I think he has to play more lower seeded tournaments to gain some points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
3rd round propably Timo vs Ma Long
Second Round Freitas vs Dima
Second Round Koki Niwa vs Hugo Calderano
Second Round Mizutani vs Ma Long

OF COURSE Fang Bo can win with anybody

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
German Open in this year will be amazing. I watched a few qualification matches today and level of matches is very high. Even matches in qualification are great. I hope that Jakub Dyjas promoted to the main draw.

Reactions: NextLevel