Who do you think will win the German Open 2018?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 77 78.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Simon Gauzy

• Tomokazu Harimoto

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I am completely baffled by all the faults...I didn’t see him hiding the serve, I didn’t see him tossing it diagonally towards him like, say, FZD does...I’m completely confused. Do these referees know the rules? Apparently it was so bad even moregaard felt bad and both reverted to only backhand serves in game 2? Bizarre. Was anyone there at the matches that found out any explanation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am completely baffled by all the faults...I didn’t see him hiding the serve, I didn’t see him tossing it diagonally towards him like, say, FZD does...I’m completely confused. Do these referees know the rules? Apparently it was so bad even moregaard felt bad and both reverted to only backhand serves in game 2? Bizarre. Was anyone there at the matches that found out any explanation?

When the lady calls the fault, it is the first time you see him serving facing us, and it is pretty obvious the ball disappears, though it didn't bother Truls as much as the calls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
When the lady calls the fault, it is the first time you see him serving facing us, and it is pretty obvious the ball disappears, though it didn't bother Truls as much as the calls.

with no particular affinity to either player, I watched the rest of the match...I wonder why none of truls’ Tosses that were virtually horizontal in nature, directly back towards him were not ever called, or even warned. Of all the serves between both players, I found those significantly more egregious than any of seyfriends serves.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
with no particular affinity to either player, I watched the rest of the match...I wonder why none of truls’ Tosses that were virtually horizontal in nature, directly back towards him were not ever called, or even warned. Of all the serves between both players, I found those significantly more egregious than any of seyfriends serves.
That's a reasonable point. The one thing I have never found is any feeling that Truls hides his serves. But violations are violations and the rules are so inconsistently applied that all kinds of arguments over right and wrong are inevitable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Once again ITTF is restricting its match stream to the USA. It sold the rights to some matches to
turner Sports which is neither telecasting nor streaming them. Is this the way ITTF hopes to promote TT in the USA?