Do you change game/tactics as you get tired?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When one is in a long tourney day with multiple events, think 15 plus matches, one should find a way to play to get easy points and errors from opponents. This may be easy or difficult to execute per match, but the matches you get by conserving explosive energy will help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
When one is in a long tourney day with multiple events, think 15 plus matches, one should find a way to play to get easy points and errors from opponents. This may be easy or difficult to execute per match, but the matches you get by conserving explosive energy will help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. People should not be confusing themselves with ITTF pros who play one or two or three matches a day. Even then, what FZD or most pros do when they play against lower rated players is try to out play them with their touch skills and consistency. It is when they see that the lower rated players have higher than average ability to win the points against their touch game that they get more aggressive (BTW, touch game doesn't mean you don't put away easy popups).

Reactions: ttmonster
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
It is better not to change tactic because you got tired, but rather to conserve energy whenever you can and have bananas in the bag.

If you're a serious athlete though, avoid fruit juices etc at all costs because your body quickly gets hooked to the sugar rush and you won't be able to sustain energy level without it in events. And since it's a very quick rush with a very quick fall, it can really F' your energy levels up.