Long pimples on off- blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. Today I purchased for the first time long pimples rubber. I know that it's best suited for all round/defensive blade but since I use the acoustic most often can I use It with this blade? I have the defplay senso blade but I prefer the acoustic more. .will it play a lot worse on an off-blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
You'll be fine.

Since this is your first LP rubber, no sense in going to buy a new blade to boot. If you're just feeling it out for the first time, I think it makes more sense to keep your setup the same (as in keeping the same blade you're already use to) to feel the difference in how the rubber plays. You can always go a slower blade later if you feel like it's still too fast and slow play is really what you're going for.

I've had LPs on a clipper before which is a pretty fast blade. Trust me you can slow it down quite a bit.

Just work on your technique.

If at table, chop-block topspin most of the time. Attack with a bump (flat face & forward) backspin most of the time.

Good luck. Hope you like it.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
This user has no status.
I think there is nothing wrong putting LP on an off- blade. Some german reviewers on youtube recently tried the ZJK Super ZLC (I think it is one of the fastest and hardest blades) with OX LP on the backhand and they had a good impression about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a7wrZrCbbI&t=34s
So I think that an would OFF- blade won't be a bad option.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Why is this thread in the 'Podcast' category?? :)

To answer OP's question: sure, you can put OX LP on the fast blade, but it has implication for the play style. Most of the players who do this are close to the table blockers - OX on fast blade will maximize spin reversal and also will produces faster shots to help pressure your opponent. It will also make it harder to defend away with the table, I think, so not the best combo for aspiring chopper.