Xiom Omega VII Asia, Vega Tour and Vega DEF available...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
...on tt-japan

Omega VII Asia

Price = 52.72 usd
Hardness = 52.5 (see gianlucamusco post #10) [on tt-japan website is listed as 53 +-3]

SPEED:12.3
SPIN:12.50
CONTROL:10.30

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3848:66085655d705dfd16ff0bec9682e3cc1

Vega Tour

Price = 37.66 usd
Hardness = 45 +-3

SPEED:12.0
SPIN:12.00
CONTROL:11.00

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=3849

Vega DEF

Price = 33.14 usd
Hardness = 57.5 +-3

SPEED:7.00
SPIN:12.00
CONTROL:10.50

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=3850

Vega DEF has similar price to other Vega rubbers, Tour is a bit more expensive.

I don't know if they were available since long time ago, I just found it know. I haven't seem them on other websites, so I tought it would be useful to post here. They ship worldwide.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
then it`s rather a FH rubber, would be a bit to hard for BH?

It would suit my FH more than my BH on paper for sure, but each to their own. One of my clubmates uses H3N on FH and Omega V Asia on BH and although I think he's crazy, but he plays really well with it (and tends to drift away from the table more than I do too).

I really like O7Pro but it behaves quite soft on hard hits, so hopefully O7A will be just the ticket.

I've ordered O7A and Vega Tour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoch and Ioiettino
This user has no status.
It would suit my FH more than my BH on paper for sure, but each to their own. One of my clubmates uses H3N on FH and Omega V Asia on BH and although I think he's crazy, but he plays really well with it (and tends to drift away from the table more than I do too).

I really like O7Pro but it behaves quite soft on hard hits, so hopefully O7A will be just the ticket.

Thank you very much.
I would like to hear your thoughts on which version would best suit the BH after you have tried them out. would be really nice.
I find XIOM`s method for naming different hardnessess of rubbers a bit confusing. i mean that tour,Asia, Pro etc. thing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

Great Andy!
But, have you tried before such a great difference in hardness between BH/FH ?
Some say this can cause weird vibrations.
I like O7P on BH overall, and on FH has great full body top spin especially on underpin, but somehow I'm missing the crispy active block of MX-P, (although the ball always landing safe at the right place). Perhaps it's just a matter of habit.
Anyway I wouldn't trade the (throw angle - grip - spin - control - speed - low weight) package of O7P just for the habit of crispy drive shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
But, have you tried before such a great difference in hardness between BH/FH ?
Some say this can cause weird vibrations.

I've played hard FH soft BH for years and haven't had this problem, but that might be down to my blade choices. I don't like too much vibration so I probably don't pick up on it, if it's a thing at all.

I like O7P on BH overall, and on FH has great full body top spin especially on underpin, but somehow I'm missing the crispy active block of MX-P, (although the ball always landing safe at the right place). Perhaps it's just a matter of habit

The newer ESN don't have the immediate catapult that MX-P does, for better or worse depending on what you're after. I find stuff like Aurus Prime, O7P, Rasanter much easier to use than MX-P or Bluefire M1, but people who love MX-P tend to say they lose offensive threat when they try them. Horses for courses.

Reactions: Geoch and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
As you see, I'm using always the same rubber both sides.
My searching is about a crispier rubber. Perhaps I'm used to it, or the Hinoki of my blade requires a harder rubber.
(although the O7P's absorbing effect is cool, it is not familiar and needs some adaptation, but it is not unstable or mushy)
I don't like the immediate catapult which limiting my full body spin and l prefer the O7P better than anything out there till now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
As you see, I'm using always the same rubber both sides.
My searching is about a crispier rubber. Perhaps I'm used to it, or the Hinoki of my blade requires a harder rubber.
(although the O7P's absorbing effect is cool, it is not familiar and needs some adaptation, but it is not unstable or mushy)
I don't like the immediate catapult which limiting my full body spin and l prefer the O7P better than anything out there till now.

Harder sponge, or harder topsheet, are two options which sound good on paper for you.

What draws me to O7 Asia is the idea something like O7 Pro but without the surprisingly soft feel on hard hits (same topsheet, harder sponge?), but Xiom are legendary for pulling the rug from under us with unexpected choices. Until I see the rubber, or I hear from other owners, I don't really know what to expect. The topsheet might be totally different, sponge could have different porosity, who knows? I'm a massive fan of O5 Asia so I have to give it a try.

Beware of the endless cycle of "if only it was a bit more blergh" when contemplating rubber purchases. Fiddling around the edges with slight changes can be expensive and not really make much difference in the end! I'm probably saying that to myself more than anyone else...

Reactions: Geoch
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Thank you Andy for your response.
I have a ZX3 of 90gr going to 188gr with O7P both sides, and another of only 82gr in it's box yet.
I'm reluctant about the second and can't decide as yet.
I think waiting for some reviews is a good idea, in the meantime O7P provides enough comfort to the heavy blade.