Xiom Omega VII Asia, Vega Tour and Vega DEF available...

When will the O7T be available? I tried the O7tour on softer blades like Stradivarius and the Zx series they seem to be good combinations since the hardness of the O7T does not need super stiff fast blades. Even if you use a soft 5 ply all wood blade, the O7T will still a bit hard.

What is the point if xiom will just make an almost similar rubber to their previous line of rubbers? They have to innovate or make a rubber that is more suited for today's game.

Yes, of course. Innovating is a must and I'm happy enough with it.
What I had in mind is that Omega 7 Pro and O7Asia can be considered as an upgrade to the 5th gen, changing and/or improving some aspects, but keeping a lot of their initially projected nature, and a 5th gen player could still feel the new 7th gen fit for his style, and decide is he ok with the distinguished changes.
But O7Tour is much much harder than O5Tour. Its still not available, I haven't played with it and I might be wrong, but at this huge change I think that a O5Tour player would find it not as an improved upgrade to the line, but as an exactly different rubber. Thats my point. Otherwise I'll be always happy to see new innovating products especially from Xiom.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
From what I've seen so far (I've used Europe, Pro and Asia), the Omega 7 line is a real departure from previous ESN rubbers (like Omega 5) due to the topsheet. It's really very different and has a softer feel than previously seen. So you need a harder sponge underneath it to compensate and bring the overall hardness "feel" up to the spec of the older ranges. So although O7Asia is on 52.5, it doesn't feel much harder (if at all) than O5Asia.

I'm being generous to Xiom here though - they aren't the best at keeping their product naming conventions sensible and it can be very confusing.