Xiom Omega VII Asia, Vega Tour and Vega DEF available...

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

I see many people are curious about new rubbers.

Omega VII Asia is 52.5 degree hardness (+/- 2 degree)

I think it is first ever tensor (non-sticky topsheet) rubber to be launched as 52.5 degree .
There are many technical aspects that I wish to share, but for now I have to keep it bit quiet until it is launched.

This rubber is for both BH and FH.

Xiom kindly replied to me, the hardness of Omega VII ASIA is 52.5°

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Hey guys,

I think it is first ever tensor (non-sticky topsheet) rubber to be launched as 52.5 degree .
There are many technical aspects that I wish to share, but for now I have to keep it bit quiet until it is launched.

how about vega tour? is it really 45 degrees? in yogi_bear's review, he mentioned that the sponge is veryhard

This user has no status.
Dear Ronrp,

Actually 45.0 degree is right.
But it will feel hard. It should feel more like 47.5 .
This is due to special treatment we've made to the sponge to increase performance. :)

how about vega tour? is it really 45 degrees? in yogi_bear's review, he mentioned that the sponge is veryhard

Hey guys,

Hi hills4ever, I saw on some German sites that Omega VII Asia will be available for sale after 1-2 weeks. Could you tell me please the new technical aspects of this rubber and comare them with Omega VII Pro? Thank you :)

I have the omega vii asia in testing mode already. Unlike the omega vii pro, the asoa version is outright a fast, hardhitting rubber. Speed is 1 level lower than rhyzer 48 but has better control. Spin is very high. This is a good alternative for Tenergy too.

I have the omega vii asia in testing mode already. Unlike the omega vii pro, the asoa version is outright a fast, hardhitting rubber. Speed is 1 level lower than rhyzer 48 but has better control. Spin is very high. This is a good alternative for Tenergy too.

For you the spin of O7Asia is higher than O7Pro and Rhyzer 48?

Will post the VII Tour tonight. The Omega VII Tour is a very hard, fast hitting rubber with tons of spin. 55 degrees

Hello Yougi_Bear,

I am fancy all your reviews and testing of blades and Rubbers ... Thank you!
One question > I have the information that Omega VII Tour will not be released before next year ...
So how did you get your hands on this "sample" ?!
Cheers!
Ray

Hkflwvk.png

Omega VII Tour
Weight: 74 grams (uncut)
Hardness: Hard
Speed: OFF+

Spin: Extremely High

HMTMjjq.jpg

nd3eawS.jpg

The Omega VII Tour is the hardest hitting rubber and also thespiniest rubber in the Omega VII series. The Omega VII Tour will be out inAugust and I was privileged to test this ahead of the release. This is thefastest rubber right now in the market along with the Rhyzer 48 only that thisis at 55 degree hardness. I never thought I would use a non sticky ESN rubberthis hard. The Vega China was very hard at 54 degrees but this is even harderat 55 degrees ESN scale. At first feel of the rubber before gluing it to theblade, the sponge is very hard but the topsheet feels medium soft. I guess,Xiom designed it as a balance for the hardness of the sponge. When you pressagainst the topsheet, you can still feel your fingers dig into the sponge. Iwould not call it soft (i.e., the tospheet) but the ball can partially sink toit. It is on the heavy side. At 74 grams, it is even heavier than a DHS Hurricane3 rubber.

I tested this with several blades like Xiom Stradivarius, Fuga andFeel ZX3 but I spent the testing most with Stradivarius since it has the feel Ilike best. The Feel ZX3 is an awesome blade but since it is Kiso Hinoki, Ichoose to test the rubber more with the Stradivarius because it is a koto outerply blade. No offence to hinoki blade users but this is just a personalpreference on top plies that I have for myself. The Omega VII Tour has an extragear or two compared to the Omega VII Asia. The VII Asia is already extremelyfast but the Omega VII Tour still has extra speed that can offer. Mind you thisis not for the faint hearted. The rubber is not designed for intermediateplayers or players that are still mastering their basics. It is a beast whenyou unleash it provided you have the skills because the rubber is the bestrepresentative for an all out offensive rubber never caring about defense. Thisis the rubber you go to
when you want an artillery to demolish your opponent’s shots. Onthe serious side, the advanced players will really appreciate this because thepower on the shots is simply above the rest of the ESN rubbers in the marketright now. I had to adjust with the rubber in my forehand because it was verybouncy on attacks. This is also because I am accustomed to slower rubbers thatare not as bouncy and not on the level or class of the Omega VII series ofrubbers. For the backhand, it was not a big problem because I adjusted to it ina span of 2-3 days. When you are doing topspins, I would caution you to take astep back away from the table the moment comes back
because you would need to stay a bit farther from the tablebecause of its long trajectory. The Omega VII Tour shines the best starting atmiddle distance when you are past the initial attack and are already doingfierce exchanges with counter topspins. Its shines even better when you are farfrom the table because you will not feel a reduction of power and speed even ifyou will just an all wood blade. When I used this with the Xiom Fuga blade withthe Omega VII Tour, the power of the rubber carried it through even at fardistance from the table. I recognize that the Fuga is not a slow blade but withother rubbers on it, it would dwindle in its amount of power once you are farfrom the table.

The thing with the Omega VII Tour is that it does not have thehigh throw of the Rhyzer 48. The Omega VII Tour has medium or medium high throwwhen you spin with it but it does not have the profound arc of the Rhyzerrather it has the sharp and long trajectory when doing topspins againstunderspin or topspins versus block. The spin is one of the spiniest I havetried. It already approaches near the Tenergy 05’s level of spin. If I compareit directly to Tenergy 05, it is almost as spinny but I would trade the Tenergy’sextra spin to the Omega VII Tour’s extra power. In the longer ran especially inrallies, the Omega VII Tour can overtake the Tenergy 05. Also, the Omega VIITour’s hard sponge gives it a higher potential for spin and especially forpower because you can compress more with sponge and the stronger the shot, themore compression with the sponge is needed. The O7T will give you extra juicewhen the situation calls for a very strong finishing shot whether it is near orfar from the table.

The surprising thing about the Omega VII Tour is that it has a lotof gears. It is not linear in every way wherein even at soft or weak shots likedrop shots it would be bouncy but in the case of the O7T, the drop shots can beslow. I was surprised that it has a good degree of control on shots inside thetable but still needs some adjustments. Blocking is also very stable and I amtalking about passive blocks. Active blocking seems to be a bit bouncy and alsoneed adjustment. Nevertheless, despite its overwhelming speed, I would suggestto tame it and tame it with a lot of practice especially as a forehand rubber.If you are an intermediate level of player, I would discourage you to use thisin max thickness, even at 2.0mm I still think this would be too fast. This issuited for players who have mastered their shots and have very good control ontheir counter topspins and other form of attacks. In my opinion, I think we arefacing the best attacking rubber that is new in the market right now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Many thanks for the review

The topsheet is softer & grippier than O7A's ? The characteristic "waves" of O7P are still there on the surface ? Is it more spin sensitive than O7P on receives ?
Have you check weight the O7T after cutting it to a Xiom blade ?
Which of the three Omegas has the more comfort & dangerous (direct, deeper & lower) throw angle (arc) ?
About the stability: Does the power comes only when hitting like O7P, or the bounce & catapult is springy like Rhyzm-P ?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
why must the asia and tour be so hard 48 degree would be enough and you could engage the sponge more, gewo made this better they have a 48 version (xt pro) who is very fast and el pro who is a little softer and spinnier,.....but not medium like the euro version from xiom,...

The asia and tour hardness are not for low level players. It is for players who need to compress the sponge more to got more juice for power and have the skills to use them. The topsheet of the asia and tour vii helps it to not feel too hard like a brick.