Recommendation

This user has no status.
I'm currently playing with TSP Ventus Soft 2.0 mm on one side and Tibhar Aurus Soft 1.9 mm on the other side of a Yasaka Sweden Extra blade. I play with a lot of spin and love these rubbers. However, I would be happy with either of then on the backhand side but am finding they are a little short of power on the forehand side. I played with a friend's bat in practice which was Stiga Calibra LT Spin rubber on a Stiga Classic Allround Carbon Legend blade and found that the speed I was hitting on the forehand side was much stronger. Would this be mainly because of the carbon blade or because of the rubber? Also could anybody give recommendations on light, allround carbon blades and a light forehand rubber with more power than my current rubber? I'm emphasizing "light" because one of the reasons I'm using my current rubber is because I much prefer light rubber.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Probably one of the lightest rubbers that exist is Palio AK47 and it has tons of power, no worries. Get the yellow version if you like some softness but want a lot more power.

No reason to change blade. Don't start throwing money around. A Palio AK47 Yellow should cost like $12 on aliexpress, so you can first check if you like a faster grippy rubber and if you find that it's not enough then get a blade a notch faster. That's what I recommend.

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
Probably one of the lightest rubbers that exist is Palio AK47 and it has tons of power, no worries. Get the yellow version if you like some softness but want a lot more power.

No reason to change blade. Don't start throwing money around. A Palio AK47 Yellow should cost like $12 on aliexpress, so you can first check if you like a faster grippy rubber and if you find that it's not enough then get a blade a notch faster. That's what I recommend.
Thanks for the info.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I'm currently playing with TSP Ventus Soft 2.0 mm on one side and Tibhar Aurus Soft 1.9 mm on the other side of a Yasaka Sweden Extra blade. I play with a lot of spin and love these rubbers. However, I would be happy with either of then on the backhand side but am finding they are a little short of power on the forehand side. I played with a friend's bat in practice which was Stiga Calibra LT Spin rubber on a Stiga Classic Allround Carbon Legend blade and found that the speed I was hitting on the forehand side was much stronger. Would this be mainly because of the carbon blade or because of the rubber? Also could anybody give recommendations on light, allround carbon blades and a light forehand rubber with more power than my current rubber? I'm emphasizing "light" because one of the reasons I'm using my current rubber is because I much prefer light rubber.

If you’re willing to spend a few bucks to try out some stuff, get Sanwei CC and Palio CAT. CAT is the lighter of the two, and both are faster than 5-ply woods but not by a lot. I actually liked both these blades when I played with them. They still have a soft feeling despite being carbon blades. CAT is 3+2 balsa carbon, and CC is 5+2 Limba Basswood carbon if I’m not mistaken. Both are super cheap in AliExpress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the info.

Also your blade is excellent, I prolly wouldn't change it.
A slower control blade with faster rubbers is the best combination in most cases.
But the suggestions in the post above are also ok blades. Just not made to the same level as your yasaka one.

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Also your blade is excellent, I prolly wouldn't change it.
A slower control blade with faster rubbers is the best combination in most cases.
But the suggestions in the post above are also ok blades. Just not made to the same level as your yasaka one.

I completely agree. My main setup is also the same kind of combination. But I must add that I found the difference in quality between Yinhe or Sanwei blades and less expensive blades like Tibhar Stratus or Joola K5 insignificant. Somehow the Chinese blade makers are catching up in quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Thanks for all the replies. I've just had a look at the site recommended and I have several options for Palio AK47 rubber. One is GH Sports which I can buy at $11.27! There is another from which I can buy at $11!! Is there any difference in the rubber from all of these options as there seems to be several choices for the same rubber at different stores on this site? The only places I've found to buy it in the UK are selling for around $35! This site seems to ship free to the UK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I have bought from GH Sports, Playa Ping Pong, Ali's BattleShip, Huieson, and XVT Table Tennis, and all of them sent the package right on time, and also packaged the rubbers well. If you have one with Aliexpress Shipping take that one, it's a bit faster than China Registered or others. Most packages took around a month to be delivered in Belgium. UK should be almost the same.

I ordered my AK47 rubbers from Ali Express using Seller "Sports 100" and Ali shipping. The seller was really good, communicative and I got my goods in 11 days direct from China, which was excellent considering estimated delivery was 20-40 days :)

The only issue I had was that I am impatient and I wanted it quicker :p

As for your question regarding different options, do you mean hardness (in terms of red/blue/yellow) or just that there are multiple offerings of AK47 yellow ? If the latter, think of Ali as Amazon market place, all selling the same product, just different traders.

Skilltoyz on Ebay has it listed at £32, but that's for a pair.

You could see their website and contact them to see if they can help you out if you don't want to wait for the Ali shipping times ?...

http://www.newhearttrading.co.uk/

Regards.

p.s. I am not in anyway affiliated with this company, I just recall coming across them when I looked for myself :)

This user has no status.
I ordered my AK47 rubbers from Ali Express using Seller "Sports 100" and Ali shipping. The seller was really good, communicative and I got my goods in 11 days direct from China, which was excellent considering estimated delivery was 20-40 days :)

The only issue I had was that I am impatient and I wanted it quicker :p

As for your question regarding different options, do you mean hardness (in terms of red/blue/yellow) or just that there are multiple offerings of AK47 yellow ? If the latter, think of Ali as Amazon market place, all selling the same product, just different traders.

Skilltoyz on Ebay has it listed at £32, but that's for a pair.

You could see their website and contact them to see if they can help you out if you don't want to wait for the Ali shipping times ?...

http://www.newhearttrading.co.uk/

Regards.

p.s. I am not in anyway affiliated with this company, I just recall coming across them when I looked for myself :)

Thanks. I was meaning the number of different options of AK47 Yellow and if the traders were all reliable because the prices were all different. I'm now reassured that all the companies supplied by the site are O.K.

This user has no status.
I have bought from GH Sports, Playa Ping Pong, Ali's BattleShip, Huieson, and XVT Table Tennis, and all of them sent the package right on time, and also packaged the rubbers well. If you have one with Aliexpress Shipping take that one, it's a bit faster than China Registered or others. Most packages took around a month to be delivered in Belgium. UK should be almost the same.
The lowest price of $11.00 says "Free Shipping to United Kingdom via China Post Registered Air Mail" while the one at $11.27 says "Free Shipping to United Kingdom via AliExpress Standard Shipping" so for that difference I may as go for the AliExpress Shipping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The lowest price of $11.00 says "Free Shipping to United Kingdom via China Post Registered Air Mail" while the one at $11.27 says "Free Shipping to United Kingdom via AliExpress Standard Shipping" so for that difference I may as go for the AliExpress Shipping.

Yup, getting it few days earlier is worth 0.27 cents for sure :D

This user has no status.
Yup, getting it few days earlier is worth 0.27 cents for sure :D
I'll be interested to see what this rubber is like. Over the past 2 or 3 years I've bought a few that I didn't like playing with including Big Dipper and Tenergy 05FX and a few that I do like - Xiom Vega Europe, Tibhar Aurus Soft, Xiom Vega Europe. They have all ranged from £26 to over £50 in the UK except for Big Dipper which was just less than £20 so it will be interesting to see how Palio AK47 Yellow at around £7 compares!

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I've used a AK47 blue version before, and I can tell you it does not play like a tensor at all. More like classic rubbers like Mark V. It's more grippy than tacky, which is rare among Chinese rubbers, and it acts quite linear. Good for looping I would say, if you can generate enough power yourself. It's not the fastest rubber in the world, but because the sponge is hard, if you put a lot of power into your stroke, it would go like a bullet. I'd imagine the yellow one must be different since it's using a different sponge. So, try it out by yourself and tell us how it goes! ;)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think there's some confusion in the above post.
The Palio AK47 Blue is one of the softest sponge rubbers there are. Yellow is really good middle ground, perfect for backhand, and red is hard, more suitable for more pro players