Nittaku Violin ST

This user has no status.
Just wanted to share some photos of this beautiful blade. Wasn't planning on getting it but got a good price at the local shop. I would've preferred the L-size handle but they didn't have it and I just had to scratch the itch. I must say, all the things said about how well-made the Nittaku instruments series is has merit based on this example. It just looks and feels well-designed. Weighs 81 grams which is kinda light for me. Head size looks small, as expected, but feels well-balanced. Will update this with a review after I slap some rubbers on and hit with it some. Cheers!

IMG_2015.jpgIMG_2018.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2016.jpgIMG_2020.jpg

This user has no status.
Tibhar Aurus Prime and Aurus Select were on sale last week. Couldn't resist the purple and pink sponges on the Violin. The regular ST handle is super thin, the thinnest I've had. Surprisingly, though, my large hands got used to it with just a bit of grip tape (pink, of course). Now I have the most masculine-looking setup ever :)
IMG_2035.jpg

Had a couple sessions with it but would like to use it more and probably review the entire setup.

IMG_2034.jpg

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
Violin ST L-Size

This is way more comfortable in the hand compared to the regular version. Been using it with T80 (FH) and T05 (BH) side by side with an Acoustic ST L-Size with the same rubbers (both blades are 88-89g). The feel is amazing. Blocks against topspin are super easy but come out a little slower. Looping is fun due to the flex and drives have a direct, controlled feel. When opening up, I feel like I can adjust the angle a little more forward as the flex accommodates this.

I think I get the contrast between the Violin and the Acoustic now. Violin is harder but more flexible while the Acoustic is softer but stiffer. After a few sessions, I can play with both blades interchangeably using the same rubbers. Right now I'm leaning towards the Violin for greater consistency. It just makes me feel a little bit more confident with my shots. The Acoustic remains a lovely blade and I would never part with mine - I use it when I feel like playing more aggressively.

One thing I'm curious about is why Nittaku chose to make the head size smaller at 149x156mm. Maybe making it 150x157mm would make the blade too flexible?

IMG_2177.jpgIMG_2179.jpgIMG_2180.jpgIMG_2181.jpgIMG_2184.jpgIMG_2185.jpg

By the way, this EJ bug has gone into overdrive. I now also have a Tenor ST and an Acoustic Carbon Inner ST L-Size. I think I've reached the point of no return and have to get the Acoustic Carbon, Violin Carbon and Violoncello to complete the entire String Instruments line. Perhaps I'll turn this thread into a comprehensive comparison of the entire line :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
This is way more comfortable in the hand compared to the regular version. Been using it with T80 (FH) and T05 (BH) side by side with an Acoustic ST L-Size with the same rubbers (both blades are 88-89g). The feel is amazing. Blocks against topspin are super easy but come out a little slower. Looping is fun due to the flex and drives have a direct, controlled feel. When opening up, I feel like I can adjust the angle a little more forward as the flex accommodates this.

I think I get the contrast between the Violin and the Acoustic now. Violin is harder but more flexible while the Acoustic is softer but stiffer. After a few sessions, I can play with both blades interchangeably using the same rubbers. Right now I'm leaning towards the Violin for greater consistency. It just makes me feel a little bit more confident with my shots. The Acoustic remains a lovely blade and I would never part with mine - I use it when I feel like playing more aggressively.

One thing I'm curious about is why Nittaku chose to make the head size smaller at 149x156mm. Maybe making it 150x157mm would make the blade too flexible?

View attachment 16295View attachment 16293View attachment 16294View attachment 16292View attachment 16296View attachment 16297

By the way, this EJ bug has gone into overdrive. I now also have a Tenor ST and an Acoustic Carbon Inner ST L-Size. I think I've reached the point of no return and have to get the Acoustic Carbon, Violin Carbon and Violoncello to complete the entire String Instruments line. Perhaps I'll turn this thread into a comprehensive comparison of the entire line :)

how does the V CI compares to the original? How much touch, dwell did it lose, and how much speed did it gain?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rofl this thread definitely merits its title.
Violin after violin after violin.

Would appreciate a longer review since it's on sale in the shop next to me and I'm wondering if I should try it. I like new stuff.

Last edited: