Where do you read about Chinese equipment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I enjoy reading about equipment. From European/Japanese brands, we have the catalogue and some rating from sites like revspin and paddlepalace.

I've just recently found my love for tacky rubber. It's fast when I hit hard, and super easy not to engage the sponge too much on shots against backspin. The price is also better suited for a college student like me.

However, there doesn't seem to be any clear comparison between different Chinese rubber. Some people say H3Neo is tacky, others say it's semi tacky.

So is there any place where I can read about Chinese equipment from brands like Yinhe, Sanwei, Double fish? (I'm also interested in reading about all the secret DHS equipment that is marked by numbers like w968 or w997.)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I'm afraid you'll need to look for Chinese sources. There is hardly anything on tacky rubbers in English.

Jan 2018
To get you started. DHS is the best right now when it comes to tacky rubbers. Nothing else even comes close. Friendship(also known as RITC) of Tianjin used to be the best in the production of tacky topsheet(729) ONLY and DHS of Shanghai used to be the best in sponge ONLY(Yunhai). People would pair the two together and that's your premium tacky rubber. Then some of the Friendship employees left and started their own brands, such the Globe 999, Chang Xing 999, Xushaofa 999, collectively known as Tianjin bloodline. That remained the status quo up until the turn of the millennium.

Haifu, Yinhe, Sanwei, Doublefish etc. are minor players in comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
But what exactly do you want to know?

Blades: I'm currently interested in the poor man's version of each blade, such as Yinhe V14 for Viscaria. I believe there are like 60 Yinhe blades in the market, and it would be interesting to see which blade is a construction equivalent of which famous blade. Right now I'm looking for a blade with inner-acrylate carbon and limba outer ply. There are also equivalent from Sanwei. I also enjoy reading about Unicorn blades like w968, N301, although I don't have a plan to acquire them.

Rubbers: I'm currently using PalioCJ8000 36-38. I would love to read more about potential backhand semi-tacky rubber that is softer than my current rubber but equally tacky and a forehand rubber that is maybe a little harder but has more tack. (I really love my current rubber's initial tack, but after breaking in I feel like I would prefer more tack)

But above all, I just enjoy reading as a substitute to buying and trying equipment.

You can just post your questions here and we will try to answer.

I don't think there is one single source to summarize all the Chinese equipment stuff..

(indeed H3neo is a bit less tacky than H3 to compensate the loss of speed of 40+ ball, but it is still a lot tackier than some of the so call semi-tacky rubbers)

If you are interested in all the custom DHS equipment made for CNT (like those 301 968 997 811 506 906 blade or other H3 with names and other sponges) There is one good post to read about -- only if you can read Chinese or with some property translate machine.
check here https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4637322680?pn=1

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
For rubbers, like always, I can recommend the 729 battle II if you want a strongly tacky forehand, and semi tacky fast backhand would be the DHS Skyline 3-60, though I'm not sure it's softer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Right now I'm looking for a blade with inner-acrylate carbon and limba outer ply.

This part in your post caught my eye. Particularly because I think the blade I hit with now might be what you're looking for. You're in the US as am I. I'm really a pretty big fan of Gambler, based in South Carolina, and the products they produce. They have good prices and it's nice to also support local when I can.

I'm playing with the Gambler Fire Dragon Touch in penhold which is a 7 ply carbon, high flex great looping blade. I've simply really enjoyed it. Previously my favorite blade was my Stiga Clipper classic but now I think I honestly prefer this blade for different reasons. It's just really nice.

Their description of it mention limba.
"4 outer layers of high grade Limba and Koto followed by *high modulus carbon interwoven with multi stranded tempered filament,(F.L.C)., Inner core of high grade select clearwood."

I'm assuming you're a shakhander so here's the link.

https://www.zeropong.com/composite-...-shirt-p-416?zenid=2a8p8u9eb2nmjn4ivas2ijed72

I like blades that are not overly fast for the touch game but if you're looking for an even faster version, on their site they also have a Fire Dragon Fast which you might also want to consider.

Hope this helps.

Little tip if you order this since they throw in one of their shirts. Order a much smaller size than what you would normally. I'm 6'0 and 185 lbs and I wear their small.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
To get you started. DHS is the best right now when it comes to tacky rubbers. Nothing else even comes close. Friendship(also known as RITC) of Tianjin used to be the best in the production of tacky topsheet(729) ONLY and DHS of Shanghai used to be the best in sponge ONLY(Yunhai). People would pair the two together and that's your premium tacky rubber. Then some of the Friendship employees left and started their own brands, such the Globe 999, Chang Xing 999, Xushaofa 999, collectively known as Tianjin bloodline. That remained the status quo up until the turn of the millennium

From your link: "Advertised as the first tacky rubber with a perfect combination of elasticity and friction, Friendship 729 was born in September, 1972, hence the name."

I was wondering about the name, so googled Battle 729 and then was trying figure out what the Battle of Ravenna in the year 729 had to do with tacky rubber. Your explanation makes more sense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I have been using chinese rubbers for some years now, my Filosophy is, if I can win with cheaper equipment why should I buy expensive one?
I also encourage new players to start with the most basic cheap chinese rubbers like lets say, Friendship super Fx, or DHS hurricanes, or Reactor Corbor. They learn to make the full use of their body to get spin and speed, in the long therm I think this better than super fast euro rubbers.

Also I think short game is one of the most important aspects of the game, and chinese rubbers are very good for that.

My Findings are: For blades---> Yinhe, DHS
For rubbers-----> DHS, Palio

There are some great stuff from other companies, Like the Battle rubbers from 729/Friendship, their V-6 and F1 Blades.
The Fextra form Sanwei, The Palio Hadou 40+ and AK Rubbers, HRT Clipper Bladem the Reactor Ckylin Blue sponge rubbers etc etc etc

for the blade the OP asked about...

Limba, ALC... acording to https://stervinou.net/ttbdb/index.php <- Very useful site :)

Dawei Wavestone came up.

I think T11s might also have that composition ??

Limba, ALC, Balsa, ALC, Limba... there are 2 other plies either side of the core/ALC, but I don't know what or where exactly they are?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
so what chinese rubber is good like hurricane but not so fast as tensors not so hard to control like h3

Jan 2018