Your Favorite Table Tennis Setup/ Dream Set Up

This user has no status.
Still working out what the best equipment is, since I have been away from the game for 40 years. But I am playing some of the faster Yasaka rubbers (Rakza's, YSD, YRD, Valmo and Mk V HPS) and blades (Extra Off, Carbon and Carbon 3d) looking for a faster replacement for Mk V and my Falcon - that still lets me loop when I want.

How I play - There is nothing as satisfying as hitting a slow loop, see it go gracefully through the air a couple of feet over the net hit the table and shoot off the end an inch or so in the air. - at least that is how I see myself playing in my dreams.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
First off i want a butterfly viscara that has been personally used by zhangjike, weighing exactly 90 grams and the dimensions being 158mm x 151mm. The handle should be 78mm x 32mm.

For my forehand i want a DHS HURRICANE 3 NEO NATIONAL BLUE SPONGE MALONG LIMITED EDITION that is exactly 40.5 degrees. It must be boosted with 4 layers of dianchi oil and then i want it to be glued with nittaku finezip WBG.

For my backhand i want DHS HURRICANE 3 NEO CUSTOM SPONGE NO.22.

LASTLY the bat should be protected with the stiga edge tape and yonex grip tape should be applird on the handle

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Probably Yasaka Sweden Extra with a pair of MarkVs

I play with somewhat faster stuff (though I do have a YSE blade and... the DHS301 is just as good in control, it seems, even better in some situations) and have been playing with tacky rubbers so long I don't think I'd like to switch over to the regulars but I bet it would be fun to play a pure control, slow, easy setup all the time.
When I help train new club joiners (one day a week) they mostly have a setup like that and sometimes I borrow and train with them with it and it feels like childhood or something.

But my favorite is definitely the DHS301 with Battle2 on forehand and some fast rubber on backhand (AK47 yellow mostly. very fast, spinny and lightweight).
The control and linearity of the DHS301 is incredible, Battle2 for very low arc topspin, the fast backhand rubber for.. fast backhand..

Last edited: