Information about GEWO ?

This user has no status.
I'm looking for some general information about GEWO but there's not much around. Here in Australia I've never seen anyone use GEWO but there is a distributor starting to sell a few.

I'm looking a getting a new Off/OFF- blade and have narrowed it down to a few.
Tibhar Force Pro
Donic Ovtcharov Senso V2
Gewo Zoom Pro OFF-
Gewo Alvaro Robles OFF-

I like the look of the Robles but can't get much information so hoping you guys across the water might help me.

How good a quality is Gewo?
What is the standard head size?
Are the handles more of a woody feel like Stiga and Samsonov Alpha or more smooth like Butterfly and Andro?
Are their speed ratings consistent with other brands?

Any other information

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for the reply Ravil. Catalogue and website don't have the information, they are quite lacking in that area. Also have used the contact form and not heard back though only sent a couple days ago.

I'll see if I can find some German forums but I'll need to get up to speed on my Deutsch. ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I'm looking for some general information about GEWO but there's not much around. Here in Australia I've never seen anyone use GEWO but there is a distributor starting to sell a few.

I'm looking a getting a new Off/OFF- blade and have narrowed it down to a few.
Tibhar Force Pro
Donic Ovtcharov Senso V2
Gewo Zoom Pro OFF-
Gewo Alvaro Robles OFF-

I like the look of the Robles but can't get much information so hoping you guys across the water might help me.

Are the handles more of a woody feel like Stiga and Samsonov Alpha or more smooth like Butterfly and Andro?

Any other information?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Hey my friend,
I got a Gewo Contract since 2 months and started to play with it. It´s not an new brand but they started a little marketing offense with a few good players like Alvaro Robles or Bence Majoros. I played with Butterfly Equipment and XIOM for a long time and I can tell you that I am so satified with my Gewo stuff. It has really really good qualitiuy so just try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Pretty good.
As for the blades, some are manufactured in Hungary (I think) and some in Germany (I know).
The Zoom is a copy of the Butterfly Primorac. Solid. Boring.

This would depend on the factory and model.

Sorry to repeat myself here, but it depends. Zoom and Robles blades are more "woody", whereas you´d find something like the Force ARC (a Boll ALC clone) to be more like the original.

No, but none are. Company A defines their "100" differently to Company B, so if you have you two blades with an 85 Speed Rating they could still be different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I use Gewo rubbers. They are softer than I expected, but I think they worth the money. Pretty good quality. Good spin, good speed, but the best is the control. Just a little soft for my liking. I don't say they're better than other brands' rubbers, but I don't feel that they are worse than the Evolution series or other rubbers since Evolutions came out. But they're definitely better than Bluefires.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I've got Gewo Alvaro Robles OFF-.
Rather medium soft blade - works better with harder sponges. Bit faster than Primorac. Good feeling (not too sharp, softish rather), little less vibrations as compared to Priomrac. Probably medium flex. Ball tends to re-bounce ... don't know how to describe it better ... I mean, not too fast, soft but has this "re bounce" effect ... : )

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've got Gewo Alvaro Robles OFF-.
Rather medium soft blade - works better with harder sponges. Bit faster than Primorac. Good feeling (not too sharp, softish rather), little less vibrations as compared to Priomrac. Probably medium flex. Ball tends to re-bounce ... don't know how to describe it better ... I mean, not too fast, soft but has this "re bounce" effect ... : )
Thanks jaiwen, that's really helpful. I like the fact you say it's soft as I'm used to an Appelgren.
Could you tell me the head size please and is the handle comfortable?

Really interested in this blade.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Their clothing is super high quality.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I use Gewo rubbers. They are softer than I expected, but I think they worth the money. Pretty good quality. Good spin, good speed, but the best is the control. Just a little soft for my liking. I don't say they're better than other brands' rubbers, but I don't feel that they are worse than the Evolution series or other rubbers since Evolutions came out. But they're definitely better than Bluefires.

I'm a huge fan of Gewo's Nanoflex FT48 (which isn't soft), and have tried FT40 (which is soft). The FT48 to me is exceptional in its balance, it give me a wide range of options - direct hits, spinning, the short game, changing the pace and rhytm of an exchange. Definitely one step beyond the "jack of all trades, master of none" you usually get.

The FT40 offers immense safety but less pressure/danger and wasn't for me, but for somebody that seeks to get the hang of brush looping, wants to experiment with power, spin, timing of ball contact the FT40 would still be the first thing I'd recommend.

So I can definitely vouch for Gewo's qualities, and FTR: it may be ESN, but the very same factory does produce a range of products. MX-P is definitely in another realm than Rasanter, which is entirely different from Rhyzm, Nanoflex, Bluestorm, and so on.