Information about GEWO ?

This user has no status.
Hi, head size is same as Primorac or TB ALC (I just took a look), normal. Handle nice.
Don't know Appergren, but I imagine safer bet would be Primo ... bites the ball better I think. At least this is what I use. Alvaro turned out to be not my cup of tea. But, why not.
Does that mean it's going cheap? :)

Did some searching on German site and found the head size is 158 x151. Primo and TB ALC is 157 X 150, my Appelgren is 156 X 150. Hope the rubbers fit.

Wood composition is Limba-Spruce-Abachi-Spruce-Limba. A pretty common combo, especially in the Waldner line.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I use Gewo rubbers. They are softer than I expected, but I think they worth the money.

If you mean the Hype KR from your signature I agree. They play a little softer than their sponge hardness would have you expect.

But they're definitely better than Bluefires.

This is a bit too general for my liking. Better in what respect than which of the 9 bluefire rubbers?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would say their shorts, shirts and especially their warm-up suits are equal or superior to Donic and consistently better than Btfly.. This is based on quality of materials, construction and fit. I have never tried their rubber or blades.

Reactions: PeopleAreStrange
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Euro stores tend to have incredibly good clearance sales on their clothing as well. I got a really nice zip up hoodie for €10 a few months back.

Rubbers are standard esn, but that's a good thing.

Blades are really nice, but they source from various places so prices vary. A gewo blade from soulspin will tend to be more expensive than a gewo blade from Hungary/China.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I would say their shorts, shirts and especially their warm-up suits are equal or superior to Donic and consistently better than Btfly.. This is based on quality of materials, construction and fit. I have never tried their rubber or blades.
Its good to know that because I’m quite disappointed with Btfy, Stiga and Joola clothes confection and in some cases material quality. Do you know where is it made from?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am traveling and will check later.

I bought this Gewo shirt about 4 years ago. It was on sale and high % of cotton. I wear it during Winter months.

Looking at the label i don't see where it was manufactured. Here's some photo's, including the inside seams (see photo) My wife thought this was excellent quality.

Chuck

20180401_202238.jpg

20180401_202150.jpg

20180401_202104.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Gewo Zoom Pro Off-
157x150
85g (mine is +1-2g due to light sealing)
1+5ply- Limba 0.8mm
2+4ply- Limba 0.8mm
Centre- Ayous 3.0mm
Great blade to move from ALL/ALL+ to OFF-

I have ST handle (101mm), square, quite similar to Timo Boll Spirit. I never had them in my hands at the same time so can't say it is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobalt765
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

If you mean the Hype KR from your signature I agree. They play a little softer than their sponge hardness would have you expect.

This is a bit too general for my liking. Better in what respect than which of the 9 bluefire rubbers?

Yes, I meant the Hype KR. I like it, just needed to change my technique a little and after it worns out will pop up short pushes and dropshots, so I have to change the angle and motion with time.

Sorry, I meant the Bluefire M1 and M2. M3 is too slow, I've tried the JP01 for like 1/4 hour, so can't really comment on the JPs. Hype KR is spinnier, grabs the ball better in short game (and overall), it's not a "two gears" rubber (I think you know what I'm talking about if you used Bluefires), while can produce high speed as well, on power loops it has a predictable arc and it's easier to deal with high spin with it. I just can't think a single thing in which I can't produce higher quality shots with the Hype KR, though my 'optimal' setup is Hurricane 3 on FH and...something like MX-P on BH, though I am still searching for something which is ideal for my BH (and which isn't a Tenergy .D I like Tenergies)
+1pt for the Hype KR that I can chopblock with ease using it