Best rubber for Stiff Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Nothing wrong with a medium hard rubber for a stiff blade. Nothing wrong with a soft rubber or a hard rubber either. In my opinion the best forehand rubbers are Vega Pro for a hard rubber and Vega Europe for a soft rubber and Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft from Yasaka. But there are a million other good rubbers, some of them almost the same. I don't think you can speak in terms 'backhand rubbers and 'forehand rubbers's', it depends on your style what you prefer

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What are your favourite BH and FH rubbers? What is the blade you use with your favourite rubbers?

You've made already half a dozen threads with pretty much the same questions... Why do you care what my (or anyone else's) favorite rubbers and blades are? Is looking at our signatures/profiles not enough (hint - that's what these are for) ?

Maybe he's on mobile and doesn't see signatures.

My favorite forehand is battle 2. A very tacky hard rubber that lets me easily put a ton of spin and speed on serves with even a slight motion due to the tackiness (great for misdirection) and loop back strong topspins safely due to the hardness.

My favorite backhand rubber is the AK47 yellow/blue which are fast, soft and very grippy rubbers mostly geared towards pure speed, which make attacking serves very fun and in general help produce a hard-to-meet backhand topspin (not very spinny but very fast which i find better for the backhand). Also it is a very very light rubber which helps me in many ways.

This can also be answered here. Too many threads with the same subject.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Im not sure that itll make sense to discuss all those in a topic called "rubber for stiff blades".

I'det him have his "favorite equipment & why" thread and remove this one :)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
What are some of the top all wood blades?

Yasaka Sweden Extra is nice, I have one.

Though personally I think the Tibhar Samsonov Alpha is the best 'standard' 5 ply wood blade there is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Nothing wrong with a medium hard rubber for a stiff blade. Nothing wrong with a soft rubber or a hard rubber either. In my opinion the best forehand rubbers are Vega Pro for a hard rubber and Vega Europe for a soft rubber and Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft from Yasaka. But there are a million other good rubbers, some of them almost the same. I don't think you can speak in terms 'backhand rubbers and 'forehand rubbers's', it depends on your style what you prefer
Couldn't agree more. I keep changing forehand rubber many times and just coming back to VG pro. This simply a high throw and durable rubber which serves most style and level.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herbert