Blade + rubber suggestion for beginner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi guys,

My friend just began learning table tennis, and he is quite keen to get better in this awesome sport!
He recently bought a $20 pre made donic bat, but that bat is not good for his learning, as the rubbers are dead..

I would really appreciate if you guys can give some suggestion as to what blade and rubbers he should get to assist him with learning the sport!
He is an adult, plays around once to twice a week.

Budget $100 combined for blade + rubbers.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yasaka sweden extra, yasaka mark5 on both sides.

In about a month he'll be beating all the club players playing with bats way too fast for them and will be having a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Yasaka sweden extra, yasaka mark5 on both sides.

In about a month he'll be beating all the club players playing with bats way too fast for them and will be having a lot of fun.

Carl has a great list of beginner equipment which you can find in the other beginner equipment threads. Tibhar Stratus Powerwood + 2 sides of Mark V or Vega Intro or similar should be a great setup for a beginner.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
perham, just wondering if you know how I can find that thread?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
Carl has a great list of beginner equipment which you can find in the other beginner equipment threads. Tibhar Stratus Powerwood + 2 sides of Mark V or Vega Intro or similar should be a great setup for a beginner.

Sent using Tapatalk

I have seen a topic on Carl giving some great advice on this before. Search upsidedowncarl's posts

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Powerwood is not a beginner's blade at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It’s a fast wood blade which works pretty well with plastic balls and any medium hard rubber, and it has a large sweet spot due to its large head size. If this is not a good beginner blade I don’t know what is.

I think it is a bit too fast for a beginner.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you want a cheap option Yinhe N-11s with Palio AK47 yellow both sides also works pretty well.

Haha that would indeed be a superb and low cost setup but possibly a bit fast?
Definitely a great recommendation for anyone with a bit of touch

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Haha that would indeed be a superb and low cost setup but possibly a bit fast?
Definitely a great recommendation for anyone with a bit of touch

Seems like I'm not a good judge of the speed of a setup :D. I have a N-11s with Mark V and AK47 red and I really love it. It is a tad slower than my main setup, but it's a lot of fun in the training sessions. I noticed that I can play fine with slower setups, but they're just not fun enough.

Reactions: Lightzy