Who will win the World Junior Championships 2011?

• Koki Niwa (JPN)

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Gaoyuan Lin (CHN)

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Jiaji Wu (CHN)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Hongyuan Song (CHN)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Maharu Yoshimura (JPN)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quentin Robinot (FRA)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Simon Gauzy (FRA)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Peifeng Zheng (CHN)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Pitchford (ENG)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Volkswagen 2011 World Junior Table Tennis Championships,13 Nov 2011 - 20 Nov 2011, Manama, BRN

Well if we couldn't get enough of last weeks table tennis action which included the World Team and World Singles Cup we have plenty more left in store! The future table tennis stars are about to emerge into the international arena which many of them already doing so. If you couldn't of guessed, its the biggest World Junior event of the year.

The best junior players in the world are making their way to Bahrain to complete in the Volkswagen 2011 World Junior Championships!

This is an awesome event and beholds the future players of our game so lets start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event!

niwa_30_04_09_Large.jpg

Photo by: ITTF

Play commences on Sunday 13th November and concludes on Sunday 20th Nevember 2011 being staged in a new purpose built table tennis facility.

The tournament is spilt into two parts with a team event followed by the singles later in the week. The team event has reached the semi final stages with the draw below:

First semi final - China vs India
Second semi final - France vs Japan

wjteamdraw.jpg

Photo by: ITTF

The singles event begins right after the team event.

Top ten seeds (Boys Junior singles)

1) Koki Niwa (JPN)
2) Gaoyuan Lin (CHN)
3) Jiaji Wu (CHN)
4) Hongyuan Song (CHN)
5) Maharu Yoshimura (JPN)
6) Quentin Robinot (FRA)
7) Simon Gauzy (FRA)
8) Peifeng Zheng (CHN)
9) Liam Pitchford (ENG)
10) Hsiang Tzu Hung (TPE)

pitchford_14_10_11.jpg

Englands Liam Pitchford, Photo by: Alex Lomaev

Top ten seeds (Girls Junior Singles)

1) Kasumi Ishikawa (JPN)
2) Yuling Zhu (CHN)
3) Yuting Gu (CHN)
4) Bernadette Szocs (ROU)
5) Ayuka Tanioka (JPN)
6) Yana Noskova (RUS)
7) Petrissa Solja (GER)
8) Ruochen Gu (CHN)
9) Dora Madarasz (HUN)
10) Chen Szu-Yu (TPE)

ishikawa_31_08_07_Large.jpg

Japan's Kasumi Ishikawa, Photo by: ITTF Asia Office

So what are your predictions of this spectacular event! Can Koki Niwa prove his no.1 World position? Can the young Europeans including Liam Pitchford, Quentin Robinot or Simon Gauzy push the top players, as they have recently all beat top 20 Men's World Ranked players?

Will Kasumi Ishikawa prove why she is so dominate in the Women's game right now?

The event is streamed on ITTV, you have to click the 3rd title, 'Junior Events' and then you can watch the live stream :) http://www.ittf.com/itTV/

This thread has been created as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! So lets get discussing guys, and enjoy the World Junior Table Tennis Championships!

All the matches in our media library from the World Junior Table Tennis Championships in amazing quality!! Click Media Library WJTTC 2011

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Interesting that there is a team from India in the semis. I read they beat Korea in the quarterfinals.

Yeah its surprising, they are 5th seeds tho, but all the same, defeating Korea is quite a feet! Any videos of this event WiWa?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah its surprising, they are 5th seeds tho, but all the same, defeating Korea is quite a feet! Any videos of this event WiWa?

2 Live streams just popped up at ITTV ;) the semis of the team event are now on, Koki Niwa just beat Tristan Flore.

Edit: On ITTV, you need to click 'Junior Events' the 3rd tab above the livestream.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, I think indian players tend to have their own really really unique style, and that can probably prove problematic for many players.

I am rooting for Lin Gaoyuan, after seeing a lot of his matches over the past 2 years or so, I am really really impressed with his skills, and overall feel for the game. He has a better touch and feel for the game than anyone his age in my opinion. The last person who exemplified such promise at that age was Ma Long, and we all know how well that turned out. I definitely think he has the most promise of any of the young Chinese players.

As for the women, Zhu Yuling's style of play is super impressive, her backhand is amazing. She won singles competitions in last years world jr championships, despite being like 2-3 years younger than Kasumi Ishikawa

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Yep. That's him. But players often lose that when they get older, so hopefully he will too :p. As a new representative of China you have a lot to prove though, so it is understandable.

Classy answer there WiWa :D

Federer in his younger times was also very vocal :)
Now he barely shows any emotion haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ishikawa lost her match in the teams final 3-0 to the Chinese Zhu Yuling... Anyone ever heard about Zhu Yuling? :O

Yeah, like my earlier post, Zhu Yuling, is like the most promising young female player out there. In last years world championships, Zhu Yuling lost to Kasumi in the team match 2-3, but in the singles match, she 4-0 kasumi. This despite the fact that Kasumi is 2-3 years older than her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah, like my earlier post, Zhu Yuling, is like the most promising young female player out there. In last years world championships, Zhu Yuling lost to Kasumi in the team match 2-3, but in the singles match, she 4-0 kasumi. This despite the fact that Kasumi is 2-3 years older than her.

Okay, that is quite exceptional indeed. Didn't Ishikawa give the current Chinese women team trouble in the World Team Cup?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Ishikawa is a pretty reasonable force. Japan's juniors are performing pretty well and in the mens specifically France has some great juniors in Gauzy and Robinot. It all depends on whether they can convert being the top players in Europe to being class acts against the whole world, so really whether they can perform against Asia. Robinot got off to a good start :p