New Rule Approved! Table Tennis to use a pink coloured ball!!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
After huge success in cricket, the ITTF have been trialing a pink ball which has been approved by the ITTF board and Athletes Commission. Cricket viewing figures have soared due to the new pink cricket ball as its more spectator friendly and the fans can see what's going on easier. As of September 2018, all table tennis competitions under ITTF regulations will have to use the pink coloured ball.

Xu Xin has been trialing the ball in practice:

xuxinpinkball.jpg

A game changer! What do you think of this new ball?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
It's actually not as bad as it sounds. I got to try the ones made by DF when I was visiting pro friends of mine. You get used to it quickly. We had orange balls, why not pink? ponk.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Guy's don't pay any attention to der_echte's post as usual he is pulling Dan's leg because he is based out of England and Mr. Echte is sitting in "Sunny California" welcoming in Spring .. but I think the real discussion should be on the color .should we not call them purple ? ... I did check the photo very carefully and according to me its definitely purple not pink !! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan and Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
After huge success in cricket, the ITTF have been trialing a pink ball which has been approved by the ITTF board and Athletes Commission. Cricket viewing figures have soured due to the new pink cricket ball as its more spectator friendly and the fans can see what's going on easier. As of September 2018, all table tennis competitions under ITTF regulations will have to use the pink coloured ball.

Xu Xin has been trialing the ball in practice:

xuxinpinkball.jpg

A game changer! What do you think of this new ball?
what the hell on earth make them think of pink??? How about traditional yellow / orange balls?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Why can't people let the gag go on !!!! Of course its a first of april joke but it was one of the best Dan has come up with , and so many people were falling for it, I even took the time and effort to carefully undermine the hints Der_Echte had put out there .. but somebody had to be the wise guy !
Yeah, Pink Pong for the first of April. :)