Once again, about the hurricanes, please!

Which of them is the best for you?

• Hurricane 3

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Hurricane 3 NEO

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Hurricane 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 999 Super 999T

• 999 Super 999T-1

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Good time of day!

So, once again, a question about the hurricanes! BUT! That's not as simple as it might seem at first (I just couldn't find something similar; if anything, I apologize for repeating).
OK, so I want to make a set in future, and I want to find out which rubber pair is best. I like Chinese rubbers, so I'd like to make them on both sides of a blade. I had some thoughts about putting a tensor on the backhand side, but since they're not such long-living, expensive and uncontrollable, I'd better put Chinese ones.

The blade I'm gonna use is Palio CAT as one of the most lightweight ones.

So, I mainly need a comparison between commercial hurricanes (I don't have much money to buy provincial and national ones, but tell about them too; would be interesting 'cause opinions are different) and H8. Their weight when cut (if possible), tackiness, hardness, etc (OK, hardness you might choose, but still — how do they feel with same density number?).
How should I better do? Should I put the hardest H8 on forehand and H3N on the backhand? Or vice-versa? Or maybe regular H3 on the FH and H3N on the BH?

I know that in question of the tackiness there's something like H3(N) < H8 (<H3(N) provincial & national) but I can be wrong. Correct me, please, if it's not.
(no, it's not a math lesson. =))

I also had a poor experience using Super 999T — it was heavy, hard and super-bouncy due to lack of tackiness (the main problem; not what I expected at all). Don't know about 999T-1 though. Are they comparable to hurricanes? It's inconsistent too, people say.

Much thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Reactions: violoniste18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I recommend just pick one and learn to play. All the things you are worried about is negligible until you improve your technique. Plus DHS quality control makes it harder to ensure the right level or hardness/tackiness/etc, assuming you have an idea of what you are really looking for.

I got a tg3 neo as my first tacky rubber. I love it. Not as tacky as I have seen in videos but it stops the ball perfectly. I prefer over grippy rubber for looping.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Battle II is better than hurricanes right now. Except for maybe H8, though that one's very heavy and personally I felt I liked the Battle II better. It's also light enough and speedy enough you can use it on both sides, though I'm not certain why you would.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
After using H3 , H8 Mid Soft and H8 Mid Hard , I have come to conclusion that H3 Provincial is the best bet for me provided that its not a fake or a bad quality control sample. H8 Mid Soft is good in the short game but lacks power at the top end. H8 Hard has power at the Higher end but its non-linear compared to H3. If the point is to have a linear but powerful rubber H3 is the best bet , obviously boosted that is .. .
Battle II is better than hurricanes right now. Except for maybe H8, though that one's very heavy and personally I felt I liked the Battle II better. It's also light enough and speedy enough you can use it on both sides, though I'm not certain why you would.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Thank you all for your replies.

Yeah, I think I need more linear but powerful one. Which have an amazing control in a short game and much power when you hit good.
H3? OK, thank you, I'll consider that, but I'm not gonna boost it. How about H8 hard on the forehand since it's the most pre-boosted as someone say and a bit softer one on the backhand? How much does H8 hard weight when cut, can anyone say?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I have not exactly weighed it so I can tell you , but H3 you will need to boost . I boost it Falco Tempo Long , if you put one layer of WBG and two - three layers of Booster depending on how fast you want , it should last you three months ...

Thank you all for your replies.

Yeah, I think I need more linear but powerful one. Which have an amazing control in a short game and much power when you hit good.
H3? OK, thank you, I'll consider that, but I'm not gonna boost it. How about H8 hard on the forehand since it's the most pre-boosted as someone say and a bit softer one on the backhand? How much does H8 hard weight when cut, can anyone say?