ITTF - TTD Stream + Chat

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I just realize one thing. The location of the chat is centered instead of left justify. I'm not sure what other think about it. I feel weird when reading in that way.

Yeah the chat still needs to be amended... will have it sorted tonight :)

Thanks for the feedback dici

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Dan ... I thought so because the top bar to navigate to the Junior Events are are not there ... but Major Event works just fine ... kudos on a great job .. can't wait to see the next main event on the stream ...
They do sit side by side when I properly maximize the screen ( I am using a Mac and Firefox though ) .... and definitely it will be different for differnent screen resolution ... just the way the screen interpretes the HTML code ...

Thanks ttmonster :)

The coder only embedded the major events on the ITTV streaming channel as I didnt realise TTD members published much about junior events except the major one. Coincidently which is on now hehe :). If the demand is there for junior events I will get him to re code it.

Well spotted, when the screen is made small it does indeed put the images out of proportion. Ill see what can be done, perhaps the screen can minimise itself depending on screen reso. Ill get back to you on this one ttmonster, thanks for the feedback

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You are always welcome dan !
So what I noticed is , the images try to re-size themselves based on the size of the window of the browser.
The rogue in this case is the embedded window from the iITTF which pretty much remains the same size irrespective of the size of a the browser window. I am sure there will be ways of getting around this. Not a web developer my self so can't help you with exactly what is the fix or this but up for testing anytime :) .. because I am sure people would have faced the same issue in other websites which stream

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You are always welcome dan !
So what I noticed is , the images try to re-size themselves based on the size of the window of the browser.
The rogue in this case is the embedded window from the iITTF which pretty much remains the same size irrespective of the size of a the browser window. I am sure there will be ways of getting around this. Not a web developer my self so can't help you with exactly what is the fix or this but up for testing anytime :) .. because I am sure people would have faced the same issue in other websites which stream

Thanks, yeah your right there, the images re-size but the player remains the same. Ill talk to the coder tomorrow about this. I am pretty sure tho that most people have a standard size browser these days, Would have to be rather small wouldn't it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks, yeah your right there, the images re-size but the player remains the same. Ill talk to the coder tomorrow about this. I am pretty sure tho that most people have a standard size browser these days, Would have to be rather small wouldn't it?
Yes dan you are right .. its a minor issue and most people won't be seeing it in the small size. Only thing I can think of is access from smartphone or tablet .. I have neither so can't help to test you on that one ..

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes dan you are right .. its a minor issue and most people won't be seeing it in the small size. Only thing I can think of is access from smartphone or tablet .. I have neither so can't help to test you on that one ..

Hehe yeah phones it does the same problem.. Im not to sure about tablets such as the ipad.

We could experiment on the first pro tour and can ask people in the chat whether they have the prob..

Might be a case of removing the images but we will see. I do think tho the images give off a very nice effect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hehe yeah phones it does the same problem.. Im not to sure about tablets such as the ipad.

We could experiment on the first pro tour and can ask people in the chat whether they have the prob..

Might be a case of removing the images but we will see. I do think tho the images give off a very nice effect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Don't remove the images , they are nice and it will not serve your purpose most probably .... the ittf window itself is the problem and i have checked in the ittf website .... it does not resize if you change the size of the browser window .... so my advice ...... don't worry about this too much

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Don't remove the images , they are nice and it will not serve your purpose most probably .... the ittf window itself is the problem and i have checked in the ittf website .... it does not resize if you change the size of the browser window .... so my advice ...... don't worry about this too much

Yeah your totally right ttmonster :) Thanks for the help, and let your tt buddies know about our site and get them to join the live shows when they are aired please :) Awesome !

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
No problem at all Dan !! Anytime !

Thanks!

Well the chat has been updated.. so much better, I cannot wait for the Pro Tour Grand Finals now :)

The issue we had before of the pictures and stream not being about to fit in the same frame is now fixed to ttmonster :)

This user has no status.
I was able to see that it changes depending on the resolution of the screen:
Here is the way it looks on my computer regular size...
Normal Size.jpg
and this is the way it looks when I zoom in just to watch the games with a close to full screen and be able to have the chatbox.... because you know that if yout put it full screen you dont have the chat anymore...
and this is also the way it looks in another computer..
Zoomed in.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
View attachment 892
and this is the way it looks when I zoom in just to watch the games with a close to full screen and be able to have the chatbox.... because you know that if yout put it full screen you dont have the chat anymore...
View attachment 893

How do u zoom in?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
View attachment 892
View attachment 893

Ahhh I see, what resolution do you have for the second image? I havent come across that issue as of yet. I will talk to the coder to see what he can do :)

Yeah when the live stream is put full screen it will lose the chat as the chat is separate coding to ITTF stream :(

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow 20 registered users in the stream today!
streamttd.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Revolutionary... lol ;) I love it it's been great so far I've popped in a couple of times and there's a lot more people in there than with the old chat haha trouble is i get carried away talking and end up not watching XD

Thanks for the feedback! Haha I know what you mean. I was watching the Table Tennis live at the arena today and I still found myself on my phone in the chat missing massive forehands by Ma Long lol!