Shoes that don't lose grip?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I'm looking for table tennis (or any kind of shoe) that are lightweight and that I hopefully would be able to use for over a year?
I have a pair of wave drive 6 or 7 and a pair of butterfly energy force.
After about 6-12 months of using them for 3-4 times a week the grip just gets worse and worse. I see the patterns fading and I have tried washing them etc.

Any pair of shoe that will last longer then these ones? Like squash/badminton shoes or something? Any way to restore grip?:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Some say that if you use two pairs of shoes intermittently, they last longer due to the fact that the material has time to rest. Whether this is true or not is of course not scientifically proven, but doing it does not hurt either. I use Asics gel-blade 6 and I'm quite happy with it, but it is showing signs of wear and tear as well. Anyway, shoes don't last that long unfortunately. 6 months is actually a good lifetime for a shoe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I'm looking for table tennis (or any kind of shoe) that are lightweight and that I hopefully would be able to use for over a year?
I have a pair of wave drive 6 or 7 and a pair of butterfly energy force.
After about 6-12 months of using them for 3-4 times a week the grip just gets worse and worse. I see the patterns fading and I have tried washing them etc.

Any pair of shoe that will last longer then these ones? Like squash/badminton shoes or something? Any way to restore grip?:)

I've been using the Stiga Liner for about 6 months (maybe 3-5h/week). Maybe a little bit on the heavy side but they're really comfy and quite low in their profile. The new model is just out so the old version can be bought quite cheap right now (650SEK from sydsport.com).

Ordinary chinese textile trainers

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I’ve used Stiga, Butterfly and Mizuno shoes (others as well) the shoes I’ve gotten the longest use out of is Butterfly (close to a year) Mizuno ~3-4 months Stiga ~1 Month (shoes fell apart).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I am using my third pair of Mizuno Wave Drive 6 at the moment. On average I play five hours a week I guess and one pair of shoes last over a year easily for me. As for the shoes losing grip, I don't think there is a way to stop that. If a rubber is being used it will lose grip automatically. Washing the sole from time to time with some water can help getting some grip back, especially if you are playing at dusty places.