What do you think about my play? (Full Match Video)

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Everyone knows I am a spin first ask questions later kinda dude, but a "Flat" game can be difficult to opponents too, if you have the touch and precision to land your flat shots.

Yes it's impressive that he's proficient at getting all these flat balls on the table but then when you think about it, he has to get so far from the table for gravity to pull the ball back down to the table that... he really has no hope against someone who can topspin :/

This user has no status.
I think he has been playing for 5 years but for 1 year seriously; 4 years not seriously. That is my memory of things he has said in other threads.
Yes I first played is 4 years ago and I played with my friends at breaktime at school. But I started playing at a professional club 1 year ago.

I think that the main reason for your problems is that this setup is too fast for your recent level.
You want to develop a chinese style, but you execute just 1/3 of the phases of the full motion.
I see a bad habit to flat hit with a horizontal move when you think you have the window, but the ball meets the net.
Try a slower bat, go closer to the table and try to develop correct full-motion technique. Footwork and breathing techniques too.
And most important - take a coach. I don't think that a coach would let you play with Long 5 at this level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is really difficult to help because you are amateur and we can find hundreds of mistakes you do, but in my opinion you should concentrate more on the following points.
1. slower your setup if it is off, you should have maximum all+
2. never chop the long ball coming into your forehand
3. always watch the ball
4. when the ball is long always start with topspin
5. try to relax your arm

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Your game is really good. You will get better with more time and training. It is really up to you and your coach to decide how you want to play and to make sure you play that way. But you have all the strokes and will play better with experience.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think that the main reason for your problems is that this setup is too fast for your recent level.
You want to develop a chinese style, but you execute just 1/3 of the phases of the full motion.
I see a bad habit to flat hit with a horizontal move when you think you have the window, but the ball meets the net.
Try a slower bat, go closer to the table and try to develop correct full-motion technique. Footwork and breathing techniques too.
And most important - take a coach. I don't think that a coach would let you play with Long 5 at this level.
I tried and I can't play with slower blades. It's interesting but really. I only can play with superfast blades.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I tried and I can't play with slower blades. It's interesting but really. I only can play with superfast blades.

This is the same as saying you don't know how to play. If this is true, I suggest you visit an alternative TT forum and watch the entertaining video called 'Ryan got scammed $282 usd.'

It's cool that you posted match video. Lots of people never do that. It would be great now to see a short clip of your training, when you are relaxed and getting excellent spin and speed.

From your other threads it seems you are way better in training than matches because of nerves. We have seen a match, now it would help to see what you can do in training.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I am not sure I agree that you need slower equipment. Despite my penchant for making fun of things, you are a pretty decent player. Especially for the length of time you are playing more seriously. Sometimes it is hard to judge level from footage. And some people may be underrating your level. It is easy for that to happen. So, no harm. But I think you are at a level where the speed of the equipment is probably fine for you. Like, I am not seeing you miss because the equipment is too fast.

I do have a question about choice of rubbers though.

H3 is great for someone who makes big powerful strokes and is in position for the next ball early. Also, it is for someone who is really looping everything with a full stroke. And it is not so great for BH unless you are using one of the 37° (softer) versions of H3 for BH.

If you are not looping most of your shots and you are taking a stroke without much backswing it followthrough much of the time, IS there a thought or a reasoning behind using H3 on either side? On both sides?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy