OSP Virtuoso + Blade Photos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hello Everyone!

After reading UpsideDownCarl's (and others') posts about OSP blades, I decided the Virtuoso + would be a good fit for me. I love my Michael Maze's handle, size, and most of the playing characteristics, but I really fell (back) in love with the all-wood feel of my mid-2000s Korbel after coming back from nearly a decade off from serious play. I wanted a blade with that all wood feel, but also wanted to buy something I would be proud of (i.e., handmade, excellent reputation, etc) and something that would leave little room for EJ-thirsting for a better all-wood blade. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet (but I will by Thursday), but I can say the aesthetics, ergonomics, and build-quality are pretty great.

IMG_1074.jpgIMG_1082.jpgIMG_1078.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I am glad it arrived. I am looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Me too! I messaged Laszlo with the email address you provided and he gave me updates within 15 minutes (I think it was 7am here and 4pm there). I know you'd be proud - this one weighs in at a whopping 90.4 grams. Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Here is my guess:
- 1st session: it's amazing! wonderful feeling! I can spin all the shots. I will be the champion :D
- 10th session: it's very good. But lacks some power I think.
- 20th session: where is my feeling. My ball goes mostly outside of the table.
- 40th session: I can't win my opponents anymore.
- 41th session: EJ-Virus comeback :D (just kidding)

Reactions: JST and phamster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Here is my guess:
- 1st session: it's amazing! wonderful feeling! I can spin all the shots. I will be the champion :D
- 10th session: it's very good. But lacks some power I think.
- 20th session: where is my feeling. My ball goes mostly outside of the table.
- 40th session: I can't win my opponents anymore.
- 41th session: EJ-Virus comeback :D (just kidding)

If I am able to get 41 sessions out of it before the EJ-virus hits, I feel like I'll be doing really well :p.

I did get a chance to hit with it a tiny bit, but only with a person who has very little understanding of basic strokes (they were just being kind and giving me an opportunity to try it out a little) - tomorrow I will play with someone with a much higher skill level. My initial observation is that it has fantastic feeling and I like the ergonomics of the handle far more than my Korbel (and only slightly more than the Maze). I felt great about the speed with Xiom Vega Pro on my forehand, but we'll see if that holds up, according to EmRatThich's guess...;)

Im so jealous :D
Let us know how you felt with it after your first session !

Nothing to be jealous of - you could pick up your own too! I think the Viscaria is great too, so it probably wouldn't add too much to your experience outside of feel (and perhaps the joy of owning a handmade blade).

Love how they look, sadly i don't have anyone around that own a OSP to give it a try...
Enjoy it, this blades look great.

I didn't either, but I had to make the choice to either lust after one, or spend the money and see for myself. So far, I'm quite happy with it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Alright - the blade/paddle has had its first real session. In short, I really enjoy using it and the overall experience it provides.

I find the handle to be extremely comfortable and the finish to provide excellent grip even when sweaty. With Xiom Vega Pro on my FH, I feel completely confident in my short and long pushes and great about slow spinny loops. Full powered loops provide excellent speed and spin, although I had a few more ball than I would have liked go too long over the table - I think this was me just getting used to it, as my rate of long-balls declined over the session. FH blocks felt fantastic and provided just the right amount of feel/vibration and helped maintain an adequate amount of ball speed from my opponent's top spin shots. I really enjoy the sensation/feeling of the ball's impact and it enhances the experience for me over carbon blades that have quite a bit less vibration (I hesitate to call it that, since vibration has negative connotations and it's really useful haptic feedback). BH hits with Rakza 7 were great as well - I felt very confident with pushes and blocks, and could really tell that any long-balls were really due to lazy BH-loop form. Once I focused on getting more spin out of my BH strokes, the balls started landing right where I expected. The control and feeling were phenomenal, which is something that I value highly in the overall experience of playing table tennis. Overall, nothing to complain about! I look forward to my next session.

Reactions: phamster
You'll have to update us on this thread with how it plays! I REALLY like mine.

It surely plays better than I! :D

I just glued a couple of Srivers I had around since haven't decided what I'll eventually stick to it. I like it very much so far: good feeling (better today than yesterday), a bit harder and less flexy than a Violin and Primorac Off- I could compare to. It feels natural and controlled, but not slow or dull -even with the Srivers. But I'm not qualified to say more, to be honest. I just like it, and the handle seems made specially to me ;)

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow! these blade display true craftsmanship. Very nice looking. I agree with yogi_bear, these are more collectables hahaha. I think they will also play as awesome as they look since I once considered buying one of them after reading Carl's review. Congratulations to the proud owners. Please update the thread as your time permits with your impressions so that other members also get benefited with your findings.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And, for sure, their handles are by far my favorite. The shape and the wood of the handle are both perfect. My Kim Jung Hoon’s handle is awesome too. But I still like the OSP handles better.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Hijacking this thread just to say that OSP apparently has a new blade. Maybe they've had it for a while and I just didn't see it in which case I apologize.

http://tabletennis-pingpong.equipment/home/34-osp-ultimate-offensive-blade.html

Their (not very helpful as usual) description makes me doubt and want to try the blade at the same time. What I find interesting is that they describe the feedback as "modern".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hijacking this thread just to say that OSP apparently has a new blade. Maybe they've had it for a while and I just didn't see it in which case I apologize.

http://tabletennis-pingpong.equipment/home/34-osp-ultimate-offensive-blade.html

Their (not very helpful as usual) description makes me doubt and want to try the blade at the same time. What I find interesting is that they describe the feedback as "modern".

Difficult to tell the exact composition but I'd suggest the central thin ply is spruce, then ayous , mahogany and limba. I can't remember the original ultimate composition but I seem to think it was mahogany, ayous, ayous, limba. In which case the upgrade is the harder mahogany medial but they've balanced it with the thin spruce middle ply which would make sense. I'd also suggest the inner spruce is 90 degrees and possibly the same for th darker mahogany. However identifying wood is tricky so I could be way off! Anyone know?