hey guys I’m going to become a pro table tennis player and my uncle is helping me go

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hey guys should I record myself just shadowing the strokes and u can tell me how to improve?

Record training and match play. If you were a total beginner, shadow strokes would help us see how to help you correct your shadow strokes. But if you are trying to train and improve, and you are beyond the total beginner stage, then seeing what you do when responding to the ball is more valuable.

Reactions: Yecats Encerwal

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
tbh I’ll break down it in videos on all my shots so u can see.

Hey welcome to TTD!

There have been a lot of great responses here. Looking forward to watching your videos and shots so we can provide you with some feedback :)

I grew up in London to playing table tennis. Best days of my life hopping on different tubes trains to different clubs and venues. What I learned after time is that you have to become very independent with your own game and mindset. The way that helped me do this was have my own diary that I used for reflection. So on the train home I would write down key points of the day that I learned from a coach or player, or something that I picked up myself.

Having a diary is also great for when playing tournaments and matches. You can reflect on what went well, what you think you could do better next time and how you actually felt in the match,, i.e confident, nervous etc. Then when you go to training next you can see what areas you can work on. this will help you find your game plan to. Having a game plan and knowing what your working towards is really good because it gives you a focus.

The fact you are posting on here asking for feedbacks and tips is a very good sign your going to go far in TT :)

Train hard buddy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Apr 2018
today I’m going training and I will ask him to teach me how to loop and I’m going to work on my blocking down the line more during drills.im going to start pushing first for a good feel on the ball then I chop short etc.warm up on counter drives and footwork 3rd ball attack drills.Forehand flicks and backhand flicks for variation of return. So I’m going to keep myself busy just like waldner :) thanks.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
also dan u know Phillip sangchin right he’s my coach and he said that he knows u

today I’m going training and I will ask him to teach me how to loop and I’m going to work on my blocking down the line more during drills.im going to start pushing first for a good feel on the ball then I chop short etc.warm up on counter drives and footwork 3rd ball attack drills.Forehand flicks and backhand flicks for variation of return. So I’m going to keep myself busy just like waldner :) thanks.

Phillip is a legend, you have a great coach there! Tell him I say Hi :) Have a great training session buddy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
he was training me with a pro and taught me how to sidespin block and he said move with the bat in front of your body.I was blocking it finely and I was studying how to block the topspin just by angling the bat a bit down and he’s going to teach me how to forehand sidespin block today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
he has mostly junior pros in his club and I train with them so I improve more because the juniors are very faster so my blocking training is more effective and I improve on the technique haha

This user has no status.
he has mostly junior pros in his club and I train with them so I improve more because the juniors are very faster so my blocking training is more effective and I improve on the technique haha

When you say "Junior Pro's", what do you mean by this? Juniors who get paid to play?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Most of them are in the top 30 and higher in the country.There is barely a few juniors at my level in the club only one who I train with.When he leaves it’s all junior pros and I train with them and they do go hard on me so I improve with my blocking against pro topspin.They teach me shots etc I improve more when pros try against me because I practice against their serves for example:they do a reverse side pendulum or sidespin pendulum and I flick it or chop short.This has helped me to understand how you control serves and I’m practicing with pro serves and I’m becoming consistent with variations of spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
my coach he puts me with them so I improve my technique.Ofc I don’t have mature control and I miss some shots but I am really improving in keeping the ball on the table against pro topspinshots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
they’re advanced pros and they won grand prixs,British leagues,Opens in England for juniors and cadets

Looks like a pretty succesful coach to me. Can´t be so bad then...
Ever thought of that your stagnation of improvement might not be your coach´s fault?
Just a thought....

Reactions: Yecats Encerwal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
lol No not really to be honest because I think my coach just trains with adults mostly and I barely have training time with him.When I practice with ppl who are at my level I don’t improve,not trying to judge because I’m at that level but when I train with pros they make my control better and my service return and footwork.I just improve more with them.On the other hand the ppl at my level when they topspin they just go into different places when I’m blocking and they rush everything.So that results me in my training when I try to train and improve with ppl at my level I don’t improve.With pros I improve massively if I get the opportunity for my coach to pair me up with them just for a 1 hour practice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
when I train with pros and I warm up I start to have better technique cuz they start slow then go fast.unlike ppl at my level they slap the ball and do their topspins and I’m not warm with my technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
so that results in poor training and bad habits in my techniques.They may know how to drive good because that’s what ppl at my level know and they can’t topspin or vary decent spin on serves.Honestly the juniors at my club are my favourite training partners

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
You play at a good club with good players and coaching. Be mindful that everyone wants to play with better players including the better players. Maybe take 20 min of their time and use it well rather than expect an hour. When playing other players find things that you can still practise but that your partner practises too.

Reactions: Suga D
Status
Not open for further replies.