I train good today and tomorrow I dont

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Apr 2018
Firstly, today I was training with an amateur player and I’m at his level too just higher than the beginner stage.i was doing drives with him and he just puts the ball somewhere else and I’m supposed to block he just messes up his topspins and I don’t warm up properly.I played with my coach and he was doing topspins to my forehand so I can counterhit it. I was just messing up at times because he wanted me to footwork as he sent the balls to random places. I just wanted to practice my blocking and I just do 5 - 10 blocks and I mess up again.When I was.training with a good pro in my club he sent topspins to my backhand and I blocked it fine.At the end of the session he says “ you know you don’t move and you mess up your shots learn how to counter hit” and I do know how to when I train with my pro coach I’m not trying to be rude but he’s a bit old and he’s not fast etc.I blocked a pro and he sent all the shots to my backhand and I done it fine.Im inconsistent with my forehand block WHEN someone places it randomly and I’m not warned up.My coach sends a forehand on the side of the right table when I need to warm up on my forehand and he can send it to the correct position

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
in a nutshell when a mature player sends topspins to my forehand place I block it fine.when they send it to random places I mess up :( Ny coach says learn how to counter hit but I do know how to do it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
A player who is good enough will be able to do a very consistent topspin loop with correct placement. This of course makes it much easier to block in a drill as you don't need to adjust to much between each shot.

Blocking shots which have random placement and different spin because the person can't control it will force you to move correctly to the ball and you need to adjust and read the variation of spin/speed for each shot.

Don't get annoyed with the person you practice with, focus on blocking as good as you can for him (where are you supposed to place the ball and how should you hit to be able to do it). It's very good practice for you as well. Also think about footwork while blocking as well. Easy to just be glued to the floor while blocking in excercises...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Remember that this is a public forum and that members of your club may be on here. You've talked disparigingly about other players a few times in your posts which might not make you popular at the club. Enjoy your table tennis and appreciate the help and advice that people give you there.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I can't read your first post because I don't do blocks of text, but regarding the second post, about learning to counterhit topspins:

Always get your hand down. Make a habit of it.
If you leave your hand up all the time you'll be tempted to block and to go forward into the ball, which is not good. This is a really bad habit that nearly all beginners have. If you can't get rid of that habit you always stay a beginner actually, the way I see it.

If your hand is always down, you need to make a forward/upwards motion to hit the ball, thus counterhitting or even topspinning it back.

Make this a habit and you'll be fine after a short period of adjustment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
lol u supposed to keep Dhabi low then move with it and just push it forward a bit.The backhand block is easy for me since u just hold it in front of u and stay low and push it foward just a tiny bit and angle it for topspin.stay close with forehand block and move it foward?

Status
Not open for further replies.