STIGA Infinity VPS V, Clipper or Offensive Classic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I am playing with a Infinity right now and im going to buy a second one as soon as my local store get one with 90gr again, this is the first time in my life that im getting the same blade two times.My only advice (the one i allways give) is to buy it where you can weight , touch it and look how it is finished.Stiga is not famous for their quality control, sadly.
Kind regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Stiga arctic wood has better quality than infinity imho. It also has the speed but has a softer feel. Xiom Feel AX is also a good alternative for TB ALC. It is fast but feels softer and lighter.
Hi yogi, Feel ax faster than Viscaria or TB ALC?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hello again everyone.

I decided to go with Stiga OC, but the store I wanted to get it from only had 80g ones which were too light (I have seen lot of posts by @UpSideDownCarl saying that heavier blades are better).
And also, my coach kept insisting that I play with blades "faster than OC" since 'I have pretty good technique'.
So I thought maybe TIBHAR Stratus Power Wood would be good? Or Infinity VPS V or Clipper Wood? IF the last two can be used for looping (I've read they are pretty stiff and hitting-oriented).

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello again everyone.

I decided to go with Stiga OC, but the store I wanted to get it from only had 80g ones which were too light (I have seen lot of posts by @UpSideDownCarl saying that heavier blades are better).
And also, my coach kept insisting that I play with blades "faster than OC" since 'I have pretty good technique'.
So I thought maybe TIBHAR Stratus Power Wood would be good? Or Infinity VPS V or Clipper Wood? IF the last two can be used for looping (I've read they are pretty stiff and hitting-oriented).

Thanks again everyone.

Ok, your signature reads that you are using TB ALC. Right? Why do you want to change it? Have you tried adapting to your blade example, using controlled rubbers? If yes, how? Please don't get offended, I myself doubt my setup many times. But honestly, that is not a solution to my problems nor is it is to yours. You need to understand and ingrain it. Equipment is just 5% benefit to you. But understand this, that your stroke will always keep changing. You will always keep adapting your technique to your newer setup. I know I might be making a counterproductive suggestion but that is what I have realized by trying out different setups.

If you have good technique but you feel that you are missing your strokes then the problem might be with your timing and footwork. This is what I am trying to fix. Not my equipment anymore. The issue is that timing and footwork are not so easy to fix. These things require consistent investment of time and energy and we always convince ourselves to take an easier route.

I am sharing what I am working on and trying to fix. Hope this helps you as well. At the end, choice is yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Im comparing Stratus PW against TB Spirit at the moment.
The tibhar has evolution rubbers, the Spirit has Xiom O7P..

As im an amature, they aren’t that different in speed. Sure the Spirit is faster but the setup is also 10grams more. If I put my back into a shot theyre pretty similar.

Id try a power wood for sure if youd like to downgrade but keep decent speed.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Ok, your signature reads that you are using TB ALC. Right? Why do you want to change it? Have you tried adapting to your blade example, using controlled rubbers? If yes, how? Please don't get offended, I myself doubt my setup many times. But honestly, that is not a solution to my problems nor is it is to yours. You need to understand and ingrain it. Equipment is just 5% benefit to you. But understand this, that your stroke will always keep changing. You will always keep adapting your technique to your newer setup. I know I might be making a counterproductive suggestion but that is what I have realized by trying out different setups.

If you have good technique but you feel that you are missing your strokes then the problem might be with your timing and footwork. This is what I am trying to fix. Not my equipment anymore. The issue is that timing and footwork are not so easy to fix. These things require consistent investment of time and energy and we always convince ourselves to take an easier route.

I am sharing what I am working on and trying to fix. Hope this helps you as well. At the end, choice is yours.

Very good point made!

As I explained in my original post, I'm changing because I feel the TB ALC might be 'too fast'. That's the short version, but not really thorough. The main thing is, I don't like the feel of carbon blades! I've had my TB ALC for about a year now, I play really well with it, also tired Viscaria, but all I feel is a very fast ball catapulting off the racket. With wooden blades the feelings gives me the confidence I need for executing my shots. I hope I am understandable on this point.

The speed is easy to adapt with, but another reason I wanted to change my blade was that it was "doing all the work for me". As I am an intermediate player, my backhands were half-strokes and non-developed because even with a half stroke I would still land the ball on the table. This lead to me not effectively learning how to attack on my backhand.

And lastly, the head-heaviness on the TB ALC is really annoying. ;)

It's also true that I shouldn't blame my equipment, but there is always a setup that best suits a certain style of play. I loop and block. I've tried a lot of rubber, blades and setups, I don't exactly want a slow setup, I just don't want my equipment to do all the work for me because I still consider myself a developing player (I do actually have solid forehand technique).

Thank you for your input!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
i would like to throw YEO in.
Because the Clipper is hyped by some ppl, i could like to listen a comparison between it and YEO.
Thx in advance.

This user has no status.
i would like to throw YEO in.
Because the Clipper is hyped by some ppl, i could like to listen a comparison between it and YEO.
Thx in advance.

Yes, YEO is very good.
I think YES (Yasaka Extra Special) is an excellent 7-ply allwood substitute for Clipper, and it's cheaper too. It does everything well with great stability and control. And it's fairly light for a 7-ply, mine is about 90g.