Butterfly Viscaria or Stiga all wood for chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Hello,

What are your experiences, is it better to play with Chinese rubbers (DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National or Provincial with Blue Sponge) on Butterfly Viscaria or Stiga all wood (Infinity VPS V Diamond Touch, Clipper, Rosewood, Ebenholz...)?

Best regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
IMHO a Viscaria or a 7-ply Clipper-like blade (Clipper, Ebenholz/Rosewood 7) are equally good. Not sure about the Infinity. My personal experience: I have two Stiga all-wood blades, Ebenholz 5 and Intensity, both 92gr. I tried several sheets of Hurricane 2/3 on both of these blades, with different degrees of boosting. IMHO Ebenholz 5 is waaaaay too slow, while Intensity is fast enough. My guess is Ebenholz 7 should be fast enough too. I also tried H3 (both regular and national) on my friends' Viscaria and ZJK SZLC, both are fantastic for Hurricane. If I was looking for a blade for H3 specifically, I'd go with a fast carbon 7-ply blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
All wood blade anytime

Which all wood you recommend?

IMHO a Viscaria or a 7-ply Clipper-like blade (Clipper, Ebenholz/Rosewood 7) are equally good. Not sure about the Infinity. My personal experience: I have two Stiga all-wood blades, Ebenholz 5 and Intensity, both 92gr. I tried several sheets of Hurricane 2/3 on both of these blades, with different degrees of boosting. IMHO Ebenholz 5 is waaaaay too slow, while Intensity is fast enough. My guess is Ebenholz 7 should be fast enough too. I also tried H3 (both regular and national) on my friends' Viscaria and ZJK SZLC, both are fantastic for Hurricane. If I was looking for a blade for H3 specifically, I'd go with a fast carbon 7-ply blade.

Is it better for H3 Viscaria or ZJK SZLC?

This user has no status.
Viscaria is a very popular blade in China. This is the blade ZJK started out with. Lin Gaoyuan still uses Viscaria, so you can't go wrong with it. As far as all wood blade goes, I recommend Yasaka Extra Special. It's a great 7-ply all wood. Stiga Intensity and Infinity are pretty good 5-ply all wood for H3. I've tried H3 on all the above blades and they are all very good combinations. My favorite is probably Stiga Intensity.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Stiga Infinity VPS V or the Eternity VPS V or the Intensity NCT or the Emerald VPS or the Clipper or DHS Hurricane Hao or Long series or DHS Fang Bo blade or Stiga Arctic Wood blade would be a good choice. Basically, any blade that is flexible and isn't too stiff.

What type of player are you? A mid-distance looper? Close to the table attacker?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Viscaria is a very popular blade in China. This is the blade ZJK started out with. Lin Gaoyuan still uses Viscaria, so you can't go wrong with it. As far as all wood blade goes, I recommend Yasaka Extra Special. It's a great 7-ply all wood. Stiga Intensity and Infinity are pretty good 5-ply all wood for H3. I've tried H3 on all the above blades and they are all very good combinations. My favorite is probably Stiga Intensity.

What do you think about chinese rubbers for backhand? Thank you for recommending Stiga Intensity NCT.

Stiga Infinity VPS V or the Eternity VPS V or the Intensity NCT or the Emerald VPS or the Clipper or DHS Hurricane Hao or Long series or DHS Fang Bo blade or Stiga Arctic Wood blade would be a good choice. Basically, any blade that is flexible and isn't too stiff.

What type of player are you? A mid-distance looper? Close to the table attacker?

My style is close to the table attacker, combination of looping and blocking (maybe something like Jan-Ove Waldner or Tomokazu Harimoto).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The truth is, things don't really work the way the question in the OP is asked. It is not like H3 is better for one kind of blade than another. H3 does what it does. The blade does what it does.

If you get the blade that is right for your game and the rubbers that are right for your game, you will be good. It is not like certain rubbers work better with certain blades than other rubbers. I know internet equipment geniuses try to pretend that is the case.

But if you get a blade and rubbers, the blade does what it does and the rubbers do what they do. You might try H3 on a friend's blade and think it feels one way and try it on a different blade and think it feels different. But it will still grip and spin the ball on either blade.

This user has no status.
Which blade you recommend with limba outer plies?
The mizutani zlc works very well with hurricane. Never owned one but played with it many times (With hurricane) and it has great feeling and is fast but still pretty controllable. I highly recomend this combo. A very high level Chinese player i know uses innerforce layer zlc (has limba outer) with hurricane. Personally, I did not find the Infinity VPS V was a great match with Hurricane. I used this combo for about 9 months. It was a bit to hollow for chinese rubber and I don't think that a 5-ply blade is a good option for a non-beginner using chinese rubber.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I find that ALC blades are noticeably better than wood blades for chinese tacky hard rubbers. They lend themselves more to the right way to topspin with these rubbers. Though it might have a lot to do with the new balls than anything else.

Viscaria is perfect, as are some other such blades.

This user has no status.
What do you think about chinese rubbers for backhand? Thank you for recommending Stiga Intensity NCT.

My style is close to the table attacker, combination of looping and blocking (maybe something like Jan-Ove Waldner or Tomokazu Harimoto).

You could use Chinese rubber for BH. In fact, I think Ma Long does that. As long as you can backhand loop most of incoming shots, you are good to go.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Only way to know for sure which is right for you is to try them. There are many Chinese players who use both of them. Do you know anyone who has those blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Maybe the Stiga Eternity VPS V or Infinity VPS V. I also believe that the Stiga Clipper has limba outer plies.

The mizutani zlc works very well with hurricane. Never owned one but played with it many times (With hurricane) and it has great feeling and is fast but still pretty controllable. I highly recomend this combo. A very high level Chinese player i know uses innerforce layer zlc (has limba outer) with hurricane. Personally, I did not find the Infinity VPS V was a great match with Hurricane. I used this combo for about 9 months. It was a bit to hollow for chinese rubber and I don't think that a 5-ply blade is a good option for a non-beginner using chinese rubber.

I find that ALC blades are noticeably better than wood blades for chinese tacky hard rubbers. They lend themselves more to the right way to topspin with these rubbers. Though it might have a lot to do with the new balls than anything else.

Viscaria is perfect, as are some other such blades.

Clipperwood, infinity, xiom offensive s and for composite xiom feel ax

Can't go wrong with clipper as long as you're not a beginner

You could use Chinese rubber for BH. In fact, I think Ma Long does that. As long as you can backhand loop most of incoming shots, you are good to go.

Thank you everyone.