• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
During the doubles event today at the World Junior Championships, England's Liam Pitchford pulled of an incredible behind the back shot to win the point! There was a lot of commotion to whether Liam hit the ball clean. What do you think? Be sure to subscribe to Geca Phoenix who made this awesome video!

Have you done this shot before? and was it legit?

Discuss below

pitchford_14_10_11.jpg

Photo by: Alex Lomaec

Reactions: Broannaoweday
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
lol the indian was not too happy about getting owned like that.... he seemed so upset!

He probably thought it is not allowed to hit behind your back. :p Today I had the livestreams on early in the afternoon, and some girls matches where on. I saw one girl shaking the hand of her opponent after being 3-0 down, and then finding out she had to play a 4th game. In another match a game went so long that the umpire wanted to apply the expedite rule (I believe that's what it is called in English:p). First they had to explain the girls what the rule was, and after that they played some points and the game was done. In the end explaining costed more time than the rule saved.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Legit. If you freeze the video before he hits the ball, the ball is about a foot away from his body. There is no way it could have hit his body on the way towards the racket. And after he hits the ball there is no way he could have got that angle if the ball ended up hitting his body after he hit the ball. He just got a good angle and the Egyptian guy was helpless because it was hit right at him and he could not get out of the way which prevented his partner from getting to it. So he acted like a bit of a bad sport because the shot made him look bad on at least two different levels. First his shot got returned behind the back ("thats so easy I could hit it from behind my back"), Second, he got used because the placement was so good that he helped out the other team by being in the way of his partner. But then he ends up looking bad for complaining as well.

Good shot by Liam.

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
I try to reach my arm around, but it doesn't come out the other side. I think I must have short arms.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The Egyptian guy couldn't see the shot clearly from where he was standing. It could have looked as though it may have hit his jersey, but there is no way it would have made the sound it did if it had hit his jersey. He made a clear smack with his paddle. The female player most likely just made a comment to stimulate the argument. As she doesn't wear shorts it's likely that the guy will speak on her behalf regardless of the situation.

I have an issue with women who wear track pants. Not that they're wearing them, but I mean to my knowledge a muslim woman who isn't allowed to wear shorts is also not allowed to show skin. So her wearing a T-shirt seems to be contradicting her beliefs. I could be wrong as I'm not too informed about Muslim customs, but of the Muslim friends that I know it's either a choice to show skin or not and to only categorize one's legs as a show of skin is kind of a false belief. It's either you believe in it or not.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It looks like the Egyptian guys partner is telling him the shot was good. He looks bad in that situation for not getting out of his partner's way, there is no way she can get the ball with him standing where her racket should be, and for arguing after he got in his partner's way. It looks like she is straightening him out and saying the shot was good.

Of course, I could be wrong, just like, we don't know why she is wearing pants. Perhaps she was not warm enough. Perhaps she likes those pants. But if it is for "religious" reason and she does not want to show skin, then, in a certain way, the shirt is more revealing than wearing shorts would be, as Mr RicharD was implying. So, good point Mr RicharD.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I can do this shot! Done it on several occasions and the look in the opponents' eyes is just to die for :D
Perfectly legit if he doesn't brush the ball with his shirt.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I can do this shot! Done it on several occasions and the look in the opponents' eyes is just to die for :D
Perfectly legit if he doesn't brush the ball with his shirt.

Hehe you need to get a video of you in action doing this Olvarox :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk