(Sergie) Scoobie Doo, WHERE are YOU ??

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
(Sergey) Scoobie Doo, WHERE are YOU ??

Hey TTDers,

There is a local player here in Sacramento 2000-2100 USA level (Div 1 City level in Korea) who saw some TTD posts about Viscaria (a blade he tried and will not likely use as he likes wood) and noted he saw a couple of my comments.

So we got a lurker, who COULD turn into a real valuable poster.

Sergie has touch and control to an extent that I could grow 2-3 levels if I had half of it. He understands a lot about tactics and dynamic adjustments.

He would do a great job posting here if he would only open or kick down the door and start sharing a few things.

Shout him out everyone, it may happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Looks like Sergie haz been too busy winning Comps to register and comment.

May have to send the Goon Squad after him...

sergie1.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Last night, ttMonster, TTD member "erm" and the West Coast Goon Squad caught up with Scoobie Doo Sergey in a nice restaurant after said Scoobie kicked some serious tail at ICC tourney to likely break the 2150 or 2200 ratings mark.

Scoobie indicated he might use a different nickname and explain to all of us the more under-discussed important parts of Table Tennis...

Let's see how it he comes here and lets us in on all this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Scoobie doobie dooo where are you ?

Last night, ttMonster, TTD member "erm" and the West Coast Goon Squad caught up with Scoobie Doo Sergey in a nice restaurant after said Scoobie kicked some serious tail at ICC tourney to likely break the 2150 or 2200 ratings mark.

Scoobie indicated he might use a different nickname and explain to all of us the more under-discussed important parts of Table Tennis...

Let's see how it he comes here and lets us in on all this.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Scoobie is still LURKING on the forum weekly, get a few good giggles from our antics, and I hope will join up and start some important talks as well.

Oh, he oughta crack 2200 this year.

We do some short training and matches a lot, literally EVERY time we play, I do something(s) better and to a level I never did it, but Scoobie finds a way to cope and match results are same, usually a 0-3 or 1-3 loss with tight games.

Actual results are we both grow and are better equipped to better handle more opponents at an increasingly better level.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
As you notice sergey everyone here in this forum seems to think that changing equipment is the solution for almost everything. Please come and enligthen us with some other more fun topics.

Are you russian or something like that? I am interested about why there are alot of players with good backhand in russia and in countries close to it.

Looking forward for you too join.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
He would tell the forum where he is from, but he has been in USA a long time and likes Tweety Bird/Sylvester or Tom & Jerry.

I played vs him again tonite, even though I was ill, I managed to get a good start and take game one. Every time we train together or do these kind of competitive between us matches, I always improve my performance in some areas, always better than before, but Sergey is always adapting as well and getting better.

ttMonster has met him twice.

Scoobie Doo would have a lot to say about equipment... pretty much the way I feel, get equipment that is easy to spin and place the ball and go fight. I posted a few pics of him in other threads as he and a few other locals do well in Bay Area big time tourneys at their level.

Sergey would REALLY benefit the forum like Lula, frequently seeking to discuss tactics, technique, training, stories, friends, tourneys...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
thrice
He would tell the forum where he is from, but he has been in USA a long time and likes Tweety Bird/Sylvester or Tom & Jerry.

I played vs him again tonite, even though I was ill, I managed to get a good start and take game one. Every time we train together or do these kind of competitive between us matches, I always improve my performance in some areas, always better than before, but Sergey is always adapting as well and getting better.

ttMonster has met him twice.

Scoobie Doo would have a lot to say about equipment... pretty much the way I feel, get equipment that is easy to spin and place the ball and go fight. I posted a few pics of him in other threads as he and a few other locals do well in Bay Area big time tourneys at their level.

Sergey would REALLY benefit the forum like Lula, frequently seeking to discuss tactics, technique, training, stories, friends, tourneys...

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You gotta get Sergey to tell TTD about our trip to the Korean restaurant you recommended for us late that night last year.

erm kept requesting pound after pound of beef, chicken and pork, since it was all you can eat.

Sergey will have an interesting tale to tell about who tapped out when and who kept gorging.

That was the Friday night we swept table 1 and table 2 at Berkley TTC League as Out of Town Trouble Making Visitors to warm up for the ICC Tourney that Sergey had a nice breakthrough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Scooby Doo .... where are you ?
You gotta get Sergey to tell TTD about our trip to the Korean restaurant you recommended for us late that night last year.

erm kept requesting pound after pound of beef, chicken and pork, since it was all you can eat.

Sergey will have an interesting tale to tell about who tapped out when and who kept gorging.

That was the Friday night we swept table 1 and table 2 at Berkley TTC League as Out of Town Trouble Making Visitors to warm up for the ICC Tourney that Sergey had a nice breakthrough.