LF: 1980's Stiga Super Carbon

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Would you be willing to sell it?

I'm quite happy to sell it, only keeping it at the moment because I can't think what else to do with it. I had originally planned to sell it to a Swedish collector, but he intended to use it for actual play so that fell through when I discovered the cracking (in his opinion the blade would break after being played with for some time.) I can't think what practical use it will be to you, but you're welcome to it if you want it !

The blade is a Stiga Contra Super Carbon which I bought in either 1979 or 1980 - I really can't remember which. When I returned to playing table tennis in 2013 I initially played with this blade for about 6-8 months. Removing the old rubbers after 30+ years was, umm, challenging - I think they were originally put on with something much stronger than Chack ! Several pieces of the (very thin) top ply came away with the old rubbers and I had to spend some time repairing this with plastic wood before I could put new rubbers on it. The blade now is once again rubber-free, so my photos will show all the repairs which I made.

Last edited: