Vega Pro vs Rozena vs EL-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Quite different. Rozena has quite a bit more catapult than VP. Both are excellent for serving.

Rozena keeps its playing characteristics for a longer time. However, the topspin curve is quite a bit flatter and the rubber is better if your ball contact is less tangential. The Vega pro is better if you brush the ball more.

Interesting point about the ball contact. Could you explain why Rozena is better when ball contact is more direct and Vega Pro when you brush the ball?

Last edited:
Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
wow i never thought that vega pro is a class above EL-P. thanks!

I also think that Vega Pro is a class above Rozena in a certain way. Vega Pro is maybe not as good as the Tenergy rubbers but it was made to compete with the spin and speed of Tenergy. Rozena is a cheaper version of Tenergy and not really in the same class of rubbers as most of the modern (tensor) rubbers.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
yeah vega pro gives more , rozena does give more speed vega pro is better in red then most rubbers apart from v15 extra or limba victas and victas is kinda like tenergy just cheaper imo

That’s the second mention of red Vega Pro spefically.

I’ve played with VP, liked it a lot and am considering trying it again when my T05 wears out. Yet I never did notice substantial difference between red and black. Unlike in some other rubbers (eg 729 sfx).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
You should take none of them. Buy Nittaku Fastarc G1 and be happy. :)
G1 is a bit slower than T05, has less catapult-effect and more control.
Looping is as easy as with T05 (in my eyes it is easier) and the arc is also similar to VP and T05.
For me personally G1 is the better rubber compared to T05, VP and Rozena.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
G1 and VP are good at different things. VP is better at the table because it has low gears. G1 is still a bouncy rubber compared to VP. It's better from mid to long distance. Both are great looping rubbers, but the G1 brings more of the spin/speed upon contact than VP. The VP could use a bit of help from a faster blade when playing away from the table.

I play more of an all round style that mostly keeps close to the table. For this reason I prefer the Vega pro. If you are more of a open style mid distance looper, G1 is the better option.

Reactions: massa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
In my eyes T05 is bouncier than G1. Therefore G1 is also good near the table.

Reactions: massa